L-Mount L-mount pictures, open thread

Leica L-Mount cameras and lenses
Excellent shots in this thread. They do make me somewhat itchy - however, I'm content to wait and see what the new S1 (S2?) type body offers (if it comes at all), as AF/subject detection are pretty important to me. The IQ of the current bodies can't be argued with though, as this thread attests.

Last edited:
Excellent shots in this thread. They do make me somewhat itchy - however, I'm content to wait and see what the new S1 (S2?) type body offers (if it comes at all), as AF/subject detetction are pretty important to me. The IQ of the current bodies can't be argued with though, as this thread attests.
I suspect we'll see the S1 mark ii within Q1 2024. Lots of rumours out there, but I would hope for an S1ii and an S1iiR, but who knows.

I have a strong suspicion that Panasonic will go with a single sensor approach with the S1ii - with a "base" model and a higher-spec video "X" version, as with the S5ii/S5iiX. If that happens, I hope they use the same 61Mp sensor as in the Leica Q3 and the rumoured SL3. But it's quite possible that they'll remain at around 33Mp, since that will give both 8K video and better read-out speeds - something that will reinforce their "hybrid creators' camera" strategy. That would leave Leica with the SL3 to carry the torch for a high-end, hi-res camera for pure stills photographers.

If that latter scenario happens, I think the S1R will have to last me a while since there's no way I'm going to splash out that sort of money on a camera. In fact, with no replacement high Mp Lumix body on the horizon, I can see me going over to Nikon (again!!).

Last edited:
2024-01-17_0001.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Auntie Alex ....

They say that the SL3 is going to be over $8,0000 :eek:
Wow! That’s crazy.

I just hope that Panasonic come out with a hi res high-end body of their own (i.e. an S1ii R). But I have a slight concern that they’ll go down a similar path with the S1ii as they did with the S5ii by making a “base” version and an X version; and both having the same ~36Mp sensor (big enough for 8k) and differing only in their video specs. Then they’ll leave Leica to the high end, hi res, stills-mainly market. I don’t know what I’ll do if that happens since there is no way I’m going to spend $8k on a Leica body.

Last edited:
Wow! That’s crazy.

I just hope that Panasonic come out with a hi res high-end body of their own (i.e. an S1ii R). But I have a slight concern that they’ll go down a similar path with the S1ii as they did with the S5ii by making a “base” version and an X version; and both having the same ~36Mp sensor (big enough for 8k) and differing only in their video specs. Then they’ll leave Leica to the high end, hi res, stills-mainly market. I don’t know what I’ll do if that happens since there is no way I’m going to spend $8k on a Leica body.
Get a spare S1R :)

A few mono shots with the S1R from Cambridge.

PS1R2970-Edit-2_4000.jpg

Moody Skies over the Cambridge Backs

PS1R2998_4000.jpg

Trinity College, Cambridge

PS1R3023_4000.jpg

Cambridge Streets I

PS1R3075_4000.jpg

Cambridge Streets II

PS1R3118_4000.jpg

The Chapel at Downing College, Cambridge

2024-01-28_0001.jpg

A bit of fun on a Sunday afternoon. I am resting in my bed from time to time. I've got a glute in spasm that feels like my back ... had it a few times before ..... too much Quickstepping! Anyway the girls gathered (also The Grandad). Another daughter is on my right and we had a happy afternoon. Chiropractor tomorrow.

View attachment 445186

A bit of fun on a Sunday afternoon. I am resting in my bed from time to time. I've got a glute in spasm that feels like my back ... had it a few times before ..... too much Quickstepping! Anyway the girls gathered (also The Grandad). Another daughter is on my right and we had a happy afternoon. Chiropractor tomorrow.
Oh dear - poor you. Hope the back gets better (but if it were me, the last person I'd go near would be a chiropractor!).

Oh dear - poor you. Hope the back gets better (but if it were me, the last person I'd go near would be a chiropractor!).
Much better now thankfully. I don't have much of the Chiro bit, just a tiny pop of my pelvis to realign. Have some massage and "the pins"! But, yes you are right. My husband had a back problem a couple of years ago before he went skiing and the chiropractor (not this one!) made him so much worse than he couldn't go at all!

View attachment 445186

You're making me look at deals on the Sigma 35mm f1.2 !

Back