L-Mount L-mount pictures, open thread

Leica L-Mount cameras and lenses

christilou

Legend
L1010680-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another rather pedestrian image .... now nursing a seized glute so stuck home for a week!

RichardC

Top Veteran
Name
Richard
And people say 14mm is too wide! Excellent shot. Fantastic feeling of size and grandeur.
Thank you. I was chatting to a bloke who was having a 'new lens day' of his own with a Canon Tilt Shift 24mm. Bit of GAS creeping in but I don't think the non-L versions are particularly stellar performers.

The Sigma's a very sharp lens edge to edge. I'm finding the Irix is more suited to 10x8s and square crops ;)

doobs

Veteran
Name
Chris
14mm isn’t too wide for me! I’m looking to grab the 10-24 for my X-T3 soon, and that’s roughly 15mm at the wide end. I’m a sucker for a good UWA.
I love my XF10-24. Would have given my eye teeth to have it when I was in London last year. You do need to be careful about perspective distortion on the wide end.

Line up your shots carefully or you will be spending a lot of time correcting the shots.

Darmok N Jalad

The eye of the potato, the thrill of the fries.
I love my XF10-24. Would have given my eye teeth to have it when I was in London last year. You do need to be careful about perspective distortion on the wide end.

Line up your shots carefully or you will be spending a lot of time correcting the shots.
I do have a perspective correction app (DxO Viewpoint) that makes quick work of it. That said, I often use UWA on landscapes, where you can usually get away with some distortion and only need to check your horizon.

pdk42

Top Veteran
Name
Paul
Having a bit of fun with old lenses. This is with an el-cheapo Tokina 70-210 SD f4.5-f5.6. It's more than a bit soft on the right of the frame, but over the rest of it, it's not too bad. Decent contrast too (but I've tweaked it a bit in PP of course!).

52671499060_05bfe41cb8_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Late Afternoon over Warwickshire by Paul Kaye, on Flickr