L-Mount L-mount pictures, open thread

Leica L-Mount cameras and lenses
You make me want an S5, but I really think it's your processing and eye for the picture :) which is something I can't purchase for myself :(
You're too kind! But you're right of course to say that what you point the camera at is more important than which camera you use to do the pointing. However, the S5 continues to surprise me in its capabilities and the quality of its output. The ability to push the files in PP is the real game changer over m43. Even that simple shot of St Peter's Church above needed a fair bit of tweaking to get to the final version.

L1010297-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L1010298-Edit.jpg

L1010305-Edit.jpg

Well, I walked the dog this morning, a beautiful spring like sunny but windy morning. Now the gloom has returned so I am messing about with the images I took at the weekend. I like the files better than the Sony A7IV and the high iso are excellent, some from this set are at 6400. If only it did autofocus better! I seem to have more hits with the 50mm manual focus than I did trying to get Lucy with backlighting and a 50mm on the A7IV.

Lovely. You’ve polished a turd! :)
Thanks - although I think I've softened the turd a little too much. Going to have another go at that one.

I had to go to the Register Office round the corner and didn't get out of bed early enough to go to the canal before my appointment. It was nice to have a wander in the 1 degree heat for half an hour though.

gas_st_3_170123.jpg

Really lovely shots Richard. A working coal barge in 2023 - amazing really.
I will wear that compliment with pride, thank you. The gigantic S1R files and incredibly sharp Sigma lenses lend themselves to judicious cropping - handy when you left the tripod in the car.

The light was awful - winter sunshine contrasted by tall buildings in deep shadow. I think it's worth bearing in mind that yes, it really was that bright and warm in the highlights and that cold in the shadows - otherwise you can tie yourself in knots in post.

Where is the façade?

Back