L-Mount L-mount pictures, open thread

Leica L-Mount cameras and lenses
Rented an S5 for the weekend that shows up on Thursday, with the 20-60. Curious to see how it goes. I enjoyed a G85 and a G9. Love the G9 handling, but the tradeoff of the smaller sensor didn't create a sustained value proposition. Would still love an S5 in a more range finder body (with VF).

Rented an S5 for the weekend that shows up on Thursday, with the 20-60. Curious to see how it goes. I enjoyed a G85 and a G9. Love the G9 handling, but the tradeoff of the smaller sensor didn't create a sustained value proposition. Would still love an S5 in a more range finder body (with VF).

Although I have a Sony A7IV I find myself gravitating time and time again to the Leica SL2s. Although the combo of Sigma 35mm 1.2 Art is heavy, the user experience is so much better. For me, the endless frames per second of the Sony becomes very tedious and although the SL2s focus is undoubtedly inferior, I find I can still get the photos that I want. Have a good weekend :)

I hope it goes well for you. I do like my S5. It’s no speed ace, and the AF will never win any subject tracking contest, but for landscape, portraits, street, cityscapes, and general day-to-day photography it’s an amazing package for the price. The 20-60 is probably the best kit lens I’ve ever used.

I like the 20-60. The range is useful and it performs very nicely.
P1032120.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
A few from around the area today. I was out with the Leica CL and M10-R. The first two were taken at a rail crossing going on to a farm from a Farm to Market road near Booth, Texas. The third is some longhorn cattle on the George Ranch. It is a few miles from the railroad crossing.
L2050811.jpg
L2050813.jpg
L2050818.jpg

Back