Fuji Lacking a proper "Stupid Questions" forum

Ty S.

Regular
I'm posting here.

I'm getting a "New Firmware Cannot Be Found" message for the firmware update on the XT-1 (4.31).

The firmware is on the SD card, but is not being read by the camera. Any help would be appreciated.

~John

If you had a "-n" file extension it's because you had downloaded a file with the same name that many times. It's easily done, and it is the way your OS avoids over-writing files with the same name. You found the answer by yourself, but that's the reason for the issue. ;)

Having just done it recently for my XT-2 without any issues (and many times before) it was an act of pure desperation. But I think I found the answer, Bill, because the act of merely posting here was enough to tap into the helpful gestalt of this place. As well as redeeming a bit of embarrassment. So, there's that. And Steve's suggestion for an "Answer Your Own Question Here" forum is simply brilliant. Thank you all! ~~ John

Nothing wrong with an exercise in mental-fitness once in awhile. Encourages our brains to be "springy".

What were we talking about again?

8curt.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There are no stupid questions. If those knowledgeable people on here were to respond to questions negatively, there would be fewer novice/ enthusiast members. And we don't want to lose anyone do we?

That's danged refreshing. Everyone seems to be a friendly, supportive bunch. I don't think I have read or seen any harsh notes of conversation or observed any negativity what so ever in my enjoying the forum thus far (as a new guy).

A great group of folks enjoying the same hobby and product line. All good.

:2thumbs:

Back