Lacma kubrick exhibit

spinyman

Veteran
Name
David
Currently running through May is this comprehensive Kubrick Exhibit at the LA Museum of art. It is well worth an afternoon.I shot these last Sunday with my X100 at the MU-43 meetup.

View attachment 10599
LACMA KUBRICK EXHIBIT by spinyman, on Flickr

View attachment 10600
02-bag (17 of 74) by spinyman, on Flickr

8540554383_6e89e85e6d_b.jpg

KUBRICK'S CAMERA by spinyman, on Flickr

View attachment 10602
KUBRICK EXHIBIT by spinyman, on Flickr

View attachment 10603
KUBRICK CAMERA/LENSES by spinyman, on Flickr

View attachment 10604

View attachment 10605
ALL WORK AND NO PLAY by spinyman, on Flickr

View attachment 10606
SHINING TWINS by spinyman, on Flickr

View attachment 10607

View attachment 10608
KUBRICK BABY by spinyman, on Flickr

View attachment 10609
CLOCKWORK ORANGE by spinyman, on Flickr

I love Kubrick. As a child of the Cold War, 'Dr. Strangelove' always makes me laugh and simultaneously shudder when I think there probably were places like that and people like that with 'their finger on the button'. Along with 'On the Beach' and 'Fail Safe', my favorite movies about those nervous days.

Can't remember where I heard this quote or who said it but it was something like this "Kubrick had the eye of a photographer and mind of a chess player".

He was great at both and it showed in his movies. That exhibit looks so cool.

Do does this.

BN No Results Page

Very nice series and I quite like your processing.

I love Kubrick. As a child of the Cold War, 'Dr. Strangelove' always makes me laugh and simultaneously shudder when I think there probably were places like that and people like that with 'their finger on the button'. Along with 'On the Beach' and 'Fail Safe', my favorite movies about those nervous days.

Dr. Strangelove is one of my all time favourite movies, and imho possibly the best dark comedy ever made, I can almost quote any character line in the movie (I know, what can I say I don't have a social life :p )

Dr. Strangelove is one of my all time favourite movies, and imho possibly the best dark comedy ever made, I can almost quote any character line in the movie (I know, what can I say I don't have a social life :p )

The other day, I was on my way to San Diego with a business associate ... we tossed quotes from the movie for the entire 90 minute drive.
General Ripper, "When they tortured you did you talk?"
Group Capt. Mandrake, " ... well, I don't think they wanted me to talk really. I don't think they wanted me to say anything. It was just their way of having a bit of fun, the swines. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras."

I didn't have enough time there to even scratch the surface of this exhibit.I have vowed to see all of his movies again.Last night I watched a very early film noir of his called 'The killing time" and I have " Paths of Glory" in the queue.It seems Strangelove made the biggest impression.
Gary, Yes I really love this X100 beyond reason!I am selling it though and getting the new and improved version.If you love Kubrick enough to memorize his lines you should go see this show.

I didn't have enough time there to even scratch the surface of this exhibit.I have vowed to see all of his movies again.Last night I watched a very early film noir of his called 'The killing time" and I have " Paths of Glory" in the queue.It seems Strangelove made the biggest impression.
Gary, Yes I really love this X100 beyond reason!I am selling it though and getting the new and improved version.If you love Kubrick enough to memorize his lines you should go see this show.

If you wanna go back ... let me know. Otherwise I'll stop by next week.

G

I've got Paths of Glory on the DVR too. That and Barry Lyndon are the only two of his I haven't seen. BTW, it's actually called "The Killing" - pretty good one too.

Looks like this exhibit goes on tour every few years. Wish it would come somewhere close to me. Looks very cool. Thanks for the pics!

http://www.stanleykubrick.de/eng.php?img=img-l-6&kubrick=news-eng

Back