• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Landscapes in B&W

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
Took the X100s for a quick run out today and wanted to capture a couple of B&W images.

The first one is a favourite subject for me as I love the dominant trees, church in the background and sheep, the second is a wood in the distant that I shot using the soft focus filter built into the camera - both images converted to B&W using Silver Efex Pro.

Attachments

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
Thanks Dennis,

I am impressed with the soft filter as it provides nice detail in a diffused manner so will probably be great for portraits.

More Landscapes in Black and White

Ian's recent post inspired me to post a few B&W landscapes taken with my X-Pro1.

The Grand Tetons in Wyoming....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A semi-landscape...a tree at Land's End, San Francisco.

Phoenix

Super Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I enjoy looking at landscapes and long exposures, though I'm not personally inclined to actually go out and shoot it, however I got really got inspired by the works of Michael Kenna, I could sit for hours on end looking at his photos and because of this I ended up buying some filters and a cable release to do some long exposures. Instead of just trying to emulate his images, I've decided to adapt the way he shoots and apply a specific look that I like.

I have been experimenting and trying out new things and I got a long way to go.

A trial shot during the weekend

I think I'm starting to really get into this :D

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom