Stroll Late Fall Stroll

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Name
Ed
Posted these also on Leica Place. Went for a long stroll in the "woods" at a nearby park. Leica Digilux 2, some PP on LR 4.4.

L1070943.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L1070902.jpg

L1070945.jpg

L1070956.jpg

L1070950.jpg

L1080051.jpg

L1080069-2.jpg

In your other thread I wasn't entirely convinced by the image quality (not to be confused with the images) of the D2, but here it looks wonderful in the better light.

Nic - thanks. The photos on the other thread were shot in overcast light, and they were a bit muted (oddly enough, color rendition seems very similar to the Leica M8 sensor). But in full sunlight, your really see the resolving power of the great lens and the outstanding color rendition. That said, I have seen a bunch of great photos at dusk/low light in the Leica User group forum.

At the end of the day, my Fuji X-10, with a similarly-sized sensor and similar max aperture range has far better color and low light capability and is much lighter/stealthier, but the D2 trumps it in terms of its very simple analog controls and its EVF. I am using it in Manual Mode all the time, unlike my old X- Pro1, which I shot predominantly on Aperture priority despite the analog contorls. I mentioned elsewhere that the D2 is a chunkier "poor man's X-E1 with kit lens".

Back