Leica Lately I've been shooting with Voigtlander lenses

rflove

Veteran
I just noticed that in the last few weeks I've been keeping the VC 40mm f1.2 on the M240 and Carrying the VC21mm f1.8 in the bag...

Actually they are brilliant lenses. Here is a sample in color and B&W (courtesy of the Nik plugin). This was taken handheld with the CV Ultron 21mm f1.8

L1009212.jpg
L1009212-Edit-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f1.4 and Nokton 40mm f1.4 M-mounts. Both are quite small and light. Very nice lenses. The 40mm has a lot of "character". I'm using them on my CL since I recently sold my M-E.
. . . David

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my M240 and 3 VC lenses to shoot for a real estate listing. I used the 40 f1.2 Nokton, the 21 f1.8 Ultron and the 15 f4.5 Super Wide Heliar.

Can tell you which were shot with the 21mm or the 15mm because the camera can't recognize the lenses. However, you can guess by looking. All the shots were long exposures, shot at night with a tripod. PP in LR5 to correct lens distortion using also constrain cropping.

The wind was blowing pretty good and you can see the results of that in the movement of the tree leaves and branches.

L1009333-Edit.jpg

L1009328.jpg

L1009329.jpg

Haven't seen evening real estate photos. Great mood!

Yes, I thought they would look great after I saw the sun going down... I shot a good number of images in the day time as well and of course lots of inside photos too. The agent was tremendously impressed by the quality. :D

I used to have that lens as well. I agree that the bokeh is "busy". The latest CV offerings are quite a bit better in that and other respects.

Back