• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Canon Learning the Canon G7X MkII

Eric A

Dec 31, 2016
It is exciting to see so many phenomenal pictures from the GX-7. I have been a Sony Cybershot DSC-H10 View attachment 122058 user for the last ~10 years, and just now upgraded to the GX-7 Mark 2. I am making great progress on my learning curve. The main question I have is how do I get the camera to bracket the exposure? A feature I used frequently with my Cybershot was to shoot directly into the sunset while the camera would shoot 3 images at different exposures.
Does anyone know if I can do this with my Gx-7?
Thanks so much!
Eric
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ray Sachs

Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Not too far from Philly
I had the first version (sold it recently as part of an RX1RM2 acquisition) and I THINK there was a bracketing option, probably buried somewhere in the menu.

But you need to know the camera is the G7X mkII, not the GX7. It's a simple mistake, but in these parts, given the popularity not long ago of the Panasonic GX7, it's a semi-crucial distinction... Nice photo above too. Did you shoot it raw or jpeg? If raw, play around with it some - you may find there's enough latitude in those files that bracketing won't seem so critical very often...

-Ray

Eric A

Dec 31, 2016
Thank you for the correction Ray, it is the G7X MkII. I only checked it 5 times, and still got it reversed. It must be dyslexia!
The picture was JPEG from my Sony DSC-H10. I am looking forward to learning what I can do with the RAW features of my G7X.
Eric

taqtaq

Regular
May 31, 2015
Espoo, Finland
Hi Eric and welcome to the forum. I have the original G7X, and when I adjust the exposure compensation it tells me to push the "Menu" button, which let's me adjust the exposure bracketing. As I said this is how you do it on the original one, but I think the mark 2 is similar.

Stunning shot by the way!

Joana

Rookie
May 18, 2018
New to the camera community.... Is the G7X the same as G7X MkII? Which one is better?

serhan

All-Pro
May 7, 2011
NYC
Mark II has a faster processor which makes it faster af from my experience esp in low light... I think rest of the camera is same.

New to the camera community.... Is the G7X the same as G7X MkII? Which one is better?

Joana

Rookie
May 18, 2018
Thanks! I will probably order G7x since they basically are almost the same.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom