Fuji Leather Case for Fuji X100T

Biro

Hall of Famer
Name
Steve
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a "preorder" for an X100T. I'm thinking about Fuji's own leather case for the camera. I'm assuming the case for the X100s and the original X100 will fit the X100T as well. Am I right in assuming the camera body size hasn't changed? Also, a black or brown case? I figure I'll order the classic silver and black camera, which kind of points to the black case. But... does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hi Steve. I'm 99% certain that the new T is the same dimensions as the original X100, but it's better to check with someone who is 100% sure.

If you're sold on getting the Fuji brand leather, I think black is the one. For a little bit more dough, I have my X100 dressed up in a Kaza Italian leather case.I think it adds to the retro look....I often see old rangefinders at thrift stores in this color of a leather case. And when I'm wearing it around my neck, I've had a lot of people come up to me and say they really like my old camera. I just smile and say thanks. Then I ask if I can take their picture.

I'll post up a snap tomorrow, but your post actually put me in a panic while I tore the house apart looking for my X100. I was almost to the point where I thought I had lost it (!). Then I checked in the armrest compartment of the car......aaah....there's my old friend.

Here's their website, but they show up on eBay and etsy as well.....look around you may find a used one, and they're even nicer once they break in a little bit. http://www.kaza-deluxe.com/detail.php?id=124

Thinner should be OK.... there's a thread through the tripod mount that secures the case to the camera, so a tiny bit of wiggle room should be OK.

I was freaking out trying to figure out where the camera could be. It didn't help matters that my wife "cleaned up" (hid all my stuff that wasn't "put away") because she has a baby shower at our place on Saturday. But I also couldn't ask her if she had seen my camera anywhere.......that would just be a BAD idea. I think her first question would be WHICH camera...followed by a laugh. And then a slow shake of the head. And then probably one more laugh for good measure.

And 95% of the time, I only use the bottom half. But when I travel, it's nice to have the extra layer of protection for the front/top/lens.

I use either A&A cloth or Black Label type straps. An issue I had with the Fuji leather case was that the leather "loops" that go over the strap lugs weren't long enough and caused the metal connection rings to stick straight out from the camera. It was an extremely nice case but I sent it back to Amazon because of the strap ring issue.
Have you looked at the Gariz half-cases?
'Just a thought. Good luck.
. . . David

Here is my original x100 case with my new x100t.. The only bad thing is it won't fit with the hood on..
BK7Tx7H.jpg

Nice shot Luke! I recently got the X100T and I ordered a Horus Bennu Half case. I had a Horus Bennu cases for my Pentax Q before and I loved it. I can't wait until it get's here!

I'm so sad... the order of the horus bennu case was cancelled because the seller said he called all over Korea and the colour I wanted is sold out everywhere... I doubt that but the fact that the order was cancelled is irritating me! I really wanted that Black with Red Stitching!

Back