Nikon Legacy glass on the Nikon 1

Walter, great shots, and thanks much for the adapter info. I may have to pick up a chipped MD version as well when they are back in stock.

Walter, great shots, and thanks much for the adapter info. I may have to pick up a chipped MD version as well when they are back in stock.

Thanks. I'm enjoying myself. I can't wait to test some of my other Minolta glass, and share the results.

Sent from my HTC One V using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Playing around with different Minolta lenses.
This was taken by the Minolta Cosina 28-70 3.5-4.8 macro lens
tsiRowC.jpg

You could basically use these two marigold shots with different lenses as a textbook example of good bokeh (Minolta 50mm f1.4 Rokkor) and harsh bokeh (Cosina 28-70mm). Also as an example of how maximum sharpness and contrast does NOT mean more aesthetically pleasing. Compared to the exceptionally pleasing prior shot with the 50mm Rokkor, the bokeh on this one hurts my eyes, despite being noticeably sharper and more contrasty - there is no doubt that the Rokkor shot is more pleasing to the eye.

I agree. Haven't shot with this lens in so long I forgot its limitations.
You really need to watch what's in the background if you use it.
I tried one other shot using the macro feature.
Still this isn't a lens I'd normally use
uIybdLA.jpg

Walter your my hero! I just purchased the highly regarded Minolta 35-70mm F3.5 macro about 3 weeks ago. Never used adapted lenses on digital before. Soooo, for a total novice, what features does the 'chip' give me over a typical dumb adapter? Thanks!

Thanks.
If you use a dumb adapter you can only shoot in M mode. Which is manual mode.
So besides setting the aperture on the lens, you need to, set ISO, and shutter speed.

Chipped adapter let's you shoot in A mode. Which is aperture priority mode.
So you set apperture on the lens. ISO you can either choose, or use the auto ISO functions on the camera. Shutter speed is automatically metered by the camera.
Plus you get mag view, and focus confirm.
You get 1 arrow for back focused, the other arrow is front focused, and the white dot is focus confirmed.
I'm really happy with my chipped adapter it works great.
You will really like the Minolta 35-70 3.5. Great lens.
I have one also. As you probably already know it was also sold as a Leica lens.

Back