Nikon Showcase Legoland Staycation - Shot with the Nikon 1 V1 and J5!

Jonathan F/2

All-Pro
Name
Jonathan
Took a two day trip to Legoland here in California during Easter weekend. It wasn't very busy so my kids were able to go on every ride! I took the opportunity to shoot some of the scenery. Shot everything with the V1 + 10-100mm non-PD VR and the J5 + 6.7-13mm VR + 10mm 2.8. Check it out!

47714890861_dbea1076de_b.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Legoland - Carlsbad, CA USA by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

40748712643_b422eb8eb1_b.jpg

47661859712_5ffd70669f_b.jpg

33837555528_6c48584b41_b.jpg

46798740345_8f3b9f15d7_b.jpg

47661975302_ab21076d5f_b.jpg

46798546615_0a959466f6_b.jpg

40748515613_928b3e9e09_b.jpg

47662012372_d5ac5fb33e_b.jpg

47661798812_3b6d50280d_b.jpg

Legoland - Carlsbad, CA USA by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr​

Great work @Jonathan F/2! Live about 45 minutes from there for 11 years and never managed to go.

One of these images immediately reminded me of this one :)

Took the kids to Legoland 17-18 years ago. Two things I remember, they had much better for you foods. And I just couldn't image how cool a job it would to be a builder. I loved Lego growing up, excuse me can I have another 10,000 red bricks. :D

Any shots from the V1?

I totally forgot to post V1 photos! Here are some!

46798790315_d31c8f8dbe_b.jpg

47715095321_da1c26c271_b.jpg

40748578863_e863d61453_b.jpg

32771694647_e37710b335_b.jpg

40748714423_082963fdfd_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for those, Jonathan. Any tips or best practices on bags or camera straps for theme parks? The fam and I are headed to Disneyland in February and apart from the excruciating task of trying to figure out what system and lens(es) to bring, I’m also painfully trying to figure out carrying solutions. I will also probably need to carry some snacks and potentially water bottles!

Thanks for those, Jonathan. Any tips or best practices on bags or camera straps for theme parks? The fam and I are headed to Disneyland in February and apart from the excruciating task of trying to figure out what system and lens(es) to bring, I’m also painfully trying to figure out carrying solutions. I will also probably need to carry some snacks and potentially water bottles!

How old are your kids? If they're stroller aged, I wouldn't worry too much since you can put everything in the stroller. Disneyland has lots of space to park them, just make sure not to leave anything valuable behind while going on rides. I think you'll be fine with a standard type zoom, though I tend to like shooting ultra-wide. Also depends what you like to shoot, Disnelyand make for great street shooting ops, landscapes, portrait sessions, etc. As long as you're not bothering other guest, you can shoot all the fun photos you want!

How old are your kids? If they're stroller aged, I wouldn't worry too much since you can put everything in the stroller. Disneyland has lots of space to park them, just make sure not to leave anything valuable behind while going on rides. I think you'll be fine with a standard type zoom, though I tend to like shooting ultra-wide. Also depends what you like to shoot, Disnelyand make for great street shooting ops, landscapes, portrait sessions, etc. As long as you're not bothering other guest, you can shoot all the fun photos you want!
The kids are 5 and 8, so probably won’t have a stroller. I have it in mind to use a m43 body and pick up a Lumix 12-35 f2.8 by then to use as an all-in-one. That’s not a kit that takes up much space, so I’m thinking I should be OK with a backpack and neck strap.

The kids are 5 and 8, so probably won’t have a stroller. I have it in mind to use a m43 body and pick up a Lumix 12-35 f2.8 by then to use as an all-in-one. That’s not a kit that takes up much space, so I’m thinking I should be OK with a backpack and neck strap.

With a 12-35mm 2.8 and an M43 body, you'll be fine. 5 and 8 is also easy, just take short breaks when walking to let the kids rest and sugar them up for some energy! Also if you go on rides near closing, it's a lot easier to get on the more popular attractions! We also eat dinner outside the theme park, since it's way cheaper and then we just go back for 2nd round. Your tickets are good for all-day! ;)

Back