Leica Showcase Leica 50mm f/0.95 Noctilux

Somewhere around "f1.2", I find it ,much easier to use a rangefinder to focus a fast 50 than either an SLR or mirrorless camera. Over 10 years ago, bought a Canon 50/0.95 off Ebay, mounted it to my body right out of the box, everything was spot-on. With the EP2, I just cannot focus the F1.2 Nikkor.

Here's a glimpse into the morning time in my home this morning. Both taken with 50/0.95 Noctilux wide open on the Sony A7R, which so far I seem to be able to focus fairly well without peaking or magnification.

Kids eating chocolate chip waffles and playing Minecraft before getting ready for school:

11418976265_0997664468_b.jpg

DSC00024 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

Baby just woke up for the day:

11418988106_a7291287fc_b.jpg

DSC00029 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

The menu is a little complicated, and I haven't figured out how to use the focus aids yet, but I'll definitely be reporting on that aspect of things here.

On the Df- I use the menu to select a non-CPU lens and to format a new card. Otherwise, I like the dials. I wish camera manufacturers would publish the API and template source code. I'd have it simplified.

The menu is a little complicated, and I haven't figured out how to use the focus aids yet, but I'll definitely be reporting on that aspect of things here.

Sony's menu definitely need some time to get used to. It usually take me some time to scroll thru everything just to format the SD card.

I also wished that there is someway you can just get the magnify view with just one press instead of 2.

Back