Leica Showcase Leica 50mm f/2 Summar

Mr_Flibble

Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
The Lowlands
Rick
Couldn't find a Summar thread. So here's a few from my last couple of rolls of Agfa Superpan 200, with a Y2 filter (A36)
The Summar is a clean example from 1938.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
The Summar gives a special look. I like using mine with color film, it makes everything look like Kodachrome (ASA 10). I'll upload a few.

Mr_Flibble

Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
The Lowlands
Rick
Summars are a little warmer then the Summitar overall. Nice for portraits. Same soft front glass. Hard to find without cleaning marks or scratches.

I have another one from 1936 that's pretty banged up. Sharpness does suffer a little bit

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
It looks good to me! Summars and F2 pre-war Sonnars seem to have soft front elements. The F1.5 Sonnar front element can usually be found intact.

I sold this Summar off, it is from 1933 and was very clean.

Attachments

Hap

Top Veteran
Jan 9, 2016
These are great from the Summar. I'm glad I don't have a hankering for one. I did buy a Fotodiox M mount to Nikon 1 adapter (I just can't get in the swing for a digital M) and shot some with the J3, MS Sonnetar 1.1, and the Canon 135 3.5. HOpe to post photos just to show some differences....not my creativity or expertise. In the meantime please continue with the Summars. Oops, I forgot I have a J8 and Elmar 50....also to go on the Nikon.

Mr_Flibble

Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
The Lowlands
Rick
Done a photo book once, back in 2006, but never really got rond to doing a proper one.
Been looking at Blurb to set up a print-on-demand one with photos from the The Final Trust trip last year.
It's mainly the time I need to invest that's putting me off.

Same with the videos I shot and edited of prior trips. It's a lot of work with little pay-off. :frown:

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
I guess those are the kind of time-consuming projects for when the Kids are all grown and retirement has kicked in.
I can actually retire next month.

Hap

Top Veteran
Jan 9, 2016
Great pictures MR Flibble.....I have probably 10 rolls of new Eastman XX exposed that I have not had developed.

Regarding retirement......my accountant told me I could retire 7 years after I die.

Anyway, had I stayed in my State medical job all this time I would be able to retire now on 100% of my highest salary and all benefits. Oh well. Newbies don't get that deal, these days.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom