Leica Leica 75 Cron

Congrats, Duane! For both, the lens apocron and your "power of suggestion"... :-D

Indeed this is the best lens available in this focal length. The only one with a floating element showing that it is a spin off design from the 50 lux, followed closely by the Sonnar 2/85 and more further away by the ApoCron 90, a little weaker mainly in short distances...

Congrats, Duane! For both, the lens apocron and your "power of suggestion"... :-D

Indeed this is the best lens available in this focal length. The only one with a floating element showing that it is a spin off design from the 50 lux, followed closely by the Sonnar 2/85 and more further away by the ApoCron 90, a little weaker mainly in short distances...

Thanks Albert! I considered the Lux but could not pass the price I paid for this one. $1,000 US off retail for a manufacture's refurbish and one year warranty. I'm finding my 90 is too long in a lot of the situations I like to shoot and I need/want the closer focusing ability to .7m of this lens. I'm also favoring the 75 frame lines compared to 90 for my aging eyes too.

The Look!

20140701-193511-c2a9duanelpandorf-l1027851.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The "look" my wife gave me when she saw what came via UPS yesterday. :dance2:

I told my wife how much the M9 and M Monochrom cost. Over the years, she's gotten used to it. She also knows that camera gear retains a lot of resale value, especially lenses. Women's clothing does not do as well on the used market.

Brian, the next time I pick up a lens, I am definitely going to use this quote.

I told my wife how much the M9 and M Monochrom cost. Over the years, she's gotten used to it. She also knows that camera gear retains a lot of resale value, especially lenses. Women's clothing does not do as well on the used market.

4th of July celebration

I captured this photograph of an iPhone shooter photographing a very large American flag hanging between two fire truck ladders.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 175
Well, Duane, I suppose it took a while until she realized the smart purchase you had done... ;-) :-D

It will still take some time Albert. She is very understanding and knows that this "hobby" is my only real vice. Of course, I enjoy a nice glass of wine and the occasional cigar. But I'm not gone for hours on a golf course or on a mountain stream fly fishing by myself. Then again, there's that issue of having my face stuck in front of the computer monitor "playing" with photographs that does get in the way more often than not.

Hotel architecture

I don't think there is anything special about the photograph below. I grabbed this snap as I walked out of my hotel elevator yesterday evening. But what does amaze me is the transition between tones that this lens creates on my M-E. I've done nothing special in Lightroom other than adjust for vertical lines and used the "Auto" B&W function.

I believe I'm focused at half way into the photograph and the aperture was set at f2.0.

20140707-002927-c2a9duanelpandorf-l1028538.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My wife knows how much my Leica bodies cost. She has no idea how many lenses I own or what they cost. She might be quite alarmed if I told her, so I will spare her the pain...

Good thing these lenses look almost the same...

Thought I'd share one of my beautiful bride with a much friendlier expression with the 75mm Summicron.

20140704-204312-c2a9duanelpandorf-l10284451.jpg

She will forgive you and understands why the 75mm Summicron was such a good buy after all! Congrats Duane. Share more photos!

Bass Player

Photographing musicians at our local nightclubs was one of my main reasons to add the 75 Cron. I captured this one this past Friday night at The Phoenix here in Brevard. This is the bass player for the Howie Johnson Trio. Guitar, bass and drummer.

I think my favorite local band as they play a lot of 70s jazz fusion including works by Chic Corea, Stanley Clark and Jeff Beck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    669.3 KB · Views: 97
Back