Leica Showcase Leica 75mm f/2.0 APO Summicron-M

chalkdust

Regular
M8.2, 75mm f/2.0 APO Summicron-M
584-greece-leica-75mm-f-2-0-apo-summicron-m-m8-2.jpg

The 75mm on the M8.2 does a nice job with close focus. I am glad I had it for this shot today! This bunny and siblings are in a nest built by their mother in my flowerpot on my front porch. This shot is not cropped or modified.
763-bunnyinflowerpot.jpg

How do you all like this FL? I'm considering either a 75mm or 90mm as my next lens but leaning towards a 90mm since I'm used to that FL already. I shoot mostly landscape and some street, so the wider FOV on the 75mm has me curious.

How do you all like this FL? I'm considering either a 75mm or 90mm as my next lens but leaning towards a 90mm since I'm used to that FL already. I shoot mostly landscape and some street, so the wider FOV on the 75mm has me curious.

I use both focal lengths. The 75mm feels like a tighter 50mm, where as the 90mm feels like a long lens, which is how I end up up using each most of the time. For landscape, I'd go for the longer FL but 90mm is still pretty wide (for me).

On a full frame camera, I would use 75mm more. On my M8.2 I use 50mm much more than 35mm, so I obviously lean toward the long lenses. 75 on the M8 is great for getting that little extra reach.

Back