Leica Showcase Leica 75mm Summilux-M

brusby

Regular
2nd version, Canadian.

Hand held at f2 I think.

13142808654_9b759bf333_o.jpg
13142808654_9b759bf333_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Learning to Fly by brusbybrusby, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of changing my lens kit and am considering the 75 Lux or Cron. I will mostly use this focal length shooting inside at a couple of our local clubs that provide music entertainment.

I'm in the process of changing my lens kit and am considering the 75 Lux or Cron. I will mostly use this focal length shooting inside at a couple of our local clubs that provide music entertainment.

That's a tough choice. While I love the 75 Lux, I've seen some stunning photos from the Cron -- super sharp in focus with beautiful bokeh. One advantage of the Lux is you can change the character of the photo quite a bit by changing aperture -- from soft and dreamy wide open to progressively sharper stopped down. The Cron seems to be more consistent across the range of apertures.

Good luck!

That is one dramatic sky in that picture! Know I know how "Skipper" must have felt. That's not the "Minnow" by any chance?

Haha, didn't occur to me before, but now that you mention it, it does kinda have that Gilligan and Mary Ann feel to it. Thanks!

That's a lovely lens. If I were forced to pick just one, I think that'd be it.

I sure hope I'm never forced to pick on. Of my current crop I have no idea which I would pick. Probably the 50 Summicron, but the 35 Summarit might get the nod. I'd pick one of my Sonnars, but don't know that I'd want to trust something that old as an "only" lens.

Fortunately I have a large-enough cabinet to have more than one.

Lovely! I particularly like the first one (portrait of your daughter?). Beautiful light.

Thanks, yes, my eldest. Did not spend too much time playing with it yet. Took a few shots before dinner. I am still trying to get the hang of focusing this lens at f1.4.

Back