Leica Showcase Leica 75mm Summilux-M

The 50 lux asph is an amazing lens. Very easy to like and one that I thought I would hold on forever. I probably will get it again in the future.

Beautiful photos, the rendering is much like the 50mm Summilux as you'd expect. Happy to say I'm beginning to feel the love form my 50mm Lux at last :)

Beautiful photos, the rendering is much like the 50mm Summilux as you'd expect. Happy to say I'm beginning to feel the love form my 50mm Lux at last :)

I am finding that image of the 75mm lux has the rendering somewhat similar to the 50mm lux Asph but it seems a little less in your face. The 50 lux ASPH, the 90 APO and the Noct f0,95 all seems to have nice rendering but very very sharp. This one is sharp but somewhat softer. Not sure how to explain this. But then again, it could also be me not hitting the focus or not holding the camera steady.

14545123774_6c30bb94f2_h.jpg
L1000039.jpg by VINCEKTAN, on Flickr

14360002270_3a90d7fc3e_h.jpg
L1000041.jpg by VINCEKTAN, on Flickr

These are all wonderful photos. I'm in the process of making some lens changes now that I've been shooting with my Leica M-E for over a year and a half. I'm now mainly a 35mm shooter but I've purchased a like new 75 Cron. I've had my eye on the 75 Lux but haven't seen a decent copy for a price I wanted to pay.

I will ill be selling my pre-ASPH 35 Lux, 50 Lux pre-ASPH and 90 Elmarit. Mt recent 35 Lux pre-FLE is perfect and I think the 75 Cron will be the perfect travel companion.

Duane,

I was initially eyeing the 75mm Cron as you can find them used at a decent price. I do have a 90 APO and I think the rendering of the 75 APO Cron and the 90 APO Cron are very similar. Some call them clinical. I guess these 2 lenses are too perfect. I just happen to stumble upon this 75 lux (Canadian version 2). The only issue I have with the 75 Lux is that it is a tad bigger than the Cron version. So far, it is glued to my M 240.

Duane,

I was initially eyeing the 75mm Cron as you can find them used at a decent price. I do have a 90 APO and I think the rendering of the 75 APO Cron and the 90 APO Cron are very similar. Some call them clinical. I guess these 2 lenses are too perfect. I just happen to stumble upon this 75 lux (Canadian version 2). The only issue I have with the 75 Lux is that it is a tad bigger than the Cron version. So far, it is glued to my M 240.

i completely understand Vincetan but it was hard for me to pass on the lens I found. It's coming from Dale's Photo who runs the Leica Miami store from their eBay listing. A refurb with not a mark on it and includes all the papers, box, caps and one year warranty for a $1,000 less than retail.

I haven't used this lens in a while so I took it out for a spin. This is a friend who graciously agreed to hold still while I fiddled around. Mixture of existing interior light with sunlight bleeding in from the large plate glass windows in the background.

(note: edit because flickr keeps messing with my links)
16494279039_693a2f96d8_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_DSC0111-530 by brusbybrusby, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mijo. This was taken in the Tulane University student lounge (unfortunately I haven't been a student since last century). I thought it was gonna be a nightmare trying to use the interior light (tungsten? fluorescent? led?) with daylight, but after balancing for the warm direct light, the daylight was rendered a pleasing blue to go with her eyes, which was a nice surprise.

Back