Leica Showcase Leica 90mm F4 Elmar LTM

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Name
Ed
Old silver body LTM; really sharp and nice contrast in good light. Used with the M8.

311-l1005979.jpg

312-l1005976.jpg

313-l1005969-edit.jpg

They're very underrated in my opinion.

Mine is a nicely brassed pre-war example. The lens has been coated at some point in it's life.

Wollukstock 2011 (Leica IIIa, Kodak BW400CN )
WS110704.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WS110710.jpg

I have a black with chrome version from 1946 (thought it was '49, but I just looked up the serial number). It's a lens I like a lot. I'll have to hunt up some images when I can connect to the external drive

These three were done as test shots a while back on my digital body at the time, an E-P2, to see how the lens performed on modern sensors. Except for levels adjustment to bring contrast up and some conservative sharpening, these are what came out of the camera:

P4180590-L.jpg

P4180578%208bit%20copy-L.jpg

P4180586-L.jpg

Had the 1946 Elmar 90 f4 out the other day on the Bessa R, and this roadrunner in my friend's front yard, who usually runs away from me, was feeling very gregarious, so I got a couple of shots. Kodak Tmax 400 film developed in Xtol 1:1. These images are from scans, not prints.

RR03%20copy-L.jpg

RR04-L.jpg

Had got my first prewar 90mm f4 LTM today, really want to try it out especially reading fellows' opinion. One question is do I need a lens hood for this lens?

Mine is made in 1939. Lot old than my birth :)

It is best to use these older lenses with the hood, especially uncoated lenses. The lens should be threaded for 34mm filters and hoods.

Leica IIIc with uncoated 90mm f/4 Elmar and some Rollei/Agfa Superpan 200...not my best, but most recent roll with this lens.

Hurtgenwald
HW140576.jpg

Monschau
HW140582.jpg

I keep making the mistake of saying my 90mm f4 Elmar is from 1949, but it is from 1946. Single coated. This was shot using it adapted to the Fuji X-Pro 1. I've rather liked the results I get with it on digital bodies. I guess I need an M8.

DSCF1800_v2-X2.jpg

Visited the Scale Model Challenge fair today, carrying my M-E with the 90mm f/4 Elmar

SMC10049.jpg

SMC10025.jpg

SMC10003.jpg

Back