Leica Leica Buyer Recommendation-Sam at Classic Connections

val

Veteran
I joined this group so I could post a recommendation for the person I sold my father's Leica camera equipment to: Sam Shoshan at Classic Connection LLC.

I know little to nothing about Leica camera equipment except my father, who took thousands of slides and photographs in his lifetime, was a huge fan. After his death last year, I wanted to sell the mint condition Leica equipment he left me-a Leica camera (M6 TTl black paint 0.72 #10442), 3 Leica lens (APO-Summicron-M 1:2/90 mm lens #11884, Summicron-M 1:2/35 mm lens #11611 and Summilux-M 1:1.4/50 mm lens #11623; 3 Leica filters (Filter E 39 UVa #13 131, Filter E55 UV/IR #13 413, and Filter E 46 UVa #13 004), a Leica flash SF 24D, and a Lecia Kleinstativ tabletop tripod (#14 100) and a Leica Kugelgelenkkopf ball and socket head (#14 110).

I first took it to the business (and the owner) my dad had originally purchased it from and he offered me $2K!! and when I said uh, no, put me in touch with another buyer who first offered $6K...for equipment that I ultimately sold for $8K! I talked to a number of companies including B & H and KEH and got offers much less than what I was offered by Sam. He also held my hand (figuratively) as I had never sold anything of this value before, much less to someone I did not know, and in another state. He had me take all of it to FED EX (which he paid for) and I was contacted and paid promptly once he had inspected my dad's equipment. I really, really appreciate his fairness-he did not low ball me as the others did--and his honesty. I recommend him HIGHLY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back