Leica Leica CEO Oliver Kaltner will meet with us on May 31

Stefan Daniel spent one hour touring the history of Leica in the splendid new hall in the new Leica building. He addressed all questions put to him by us. This was a special treat. (Leica Director of Product Management)

Oliver Kaltner (CEO) gave us about 45 minutes of his busy time, and he was very nice to all of us. Herr Kaltner shared with us his vision for Leica, explaining to us how optical engineering was the foundation and also the future . A treat indeed.

Silke Benrhardt did first class organizing and hosting of the events. Her role was crucial. Thank you!

Peter Karbe (Chief Optical Designer 2002 - current) gave us a detailed slide presentation of Tradition and Innovation at Leica. It was a 75 minute presentation. Again, a real treat.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were very kind to us all, Brian, and they opened the door for future similar visits by other people who are interested in such a tour. Kaltner told me that "this is new to me", regarding his hosting of members from some website.

i-RTPHq7x-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

second from left:Leica CEO

The optics master Peter Karbe.

i-B5pLw84-L.jpg

i-dMZdZwV-L.jpg

i-wcGNFck-L.jpg

i-v8Tw67s-L.jpg

i-d7Q9zJg-L.jpg

i-HCK7hTx-L.jpg

i-vxJvHcN-L.jpg

i-VtsZj3n-L.jpg

i-P9LmDvj-L.jpg

I see the Innovation versus Tradition header on one presentation. That would be interesting.

Yes, this was the title of his talk (Mr. Karbe). He explained for 75 minutes how Leica balanced between traditional points and new innovative points over the years.

i-Tz6sDgC-XL.jpg

Stefan Daniel
i-GGFLwx5-XL.jpg

Things worked out well. It took some planning, but it was painless.

Back