Leica Leica D-LUX 'Nordland' Edition

carlb

All-Pro
OK, a bit of self-indulgent silliness. I do that here and there.

I recently saw a gray D-LUX (not so common) in good shape for a good price, so I snagged it.

Remembering that leather "skins" can be found on eBay for various cameras, a bit of of searching came up with the JnK / 'Arte di Mano' guys. Checking their website, yes - various color skins are available for the D-LUX. A few emails and paypal later, a covering was on its way from Korea.

And so here it is, my very own Leica D-LUX typ 109, 'Nordland' Edition. Complete with belt-loop canvas case and wrist strap. Qty 1 of 1 produced. (Hah!)

33651141310_9c7bd7afe8_b.jpg

Leica D-LUX
by Carl B, on Flickr

34036188745_693683919d_b.jpg

Leica D-LUX
by Carl B, on Flickr

33223870803_7b82ebbfd1_b.jpg

Leica D-LUX
by Carl B, on Flickr

If you have to ask how much ... well you know.

(Actually, not for sale. Well if someone wanted to get even sillier than me, then perhaps! :D)

If I remember correctly, this is Leica's version of a Panasonic LX100......which is often heralded as a very good camera. Don't know if Leica worked some extra magic like Hasselblad tried with Stellar ...but this one is beautiful.

I forgot the name of the other DLUX with the fast fixed 28...but it was supposed to be great as well.

I had the hankering for a Fuji XE-2 or 2s. Carl I remember you saying positive things about this.....and waiting for an XE-3:) The new DLUX will bridge you during the waiting period.

Happy shooting!
BTW...the M240 showed up. Unpacking tonight.

We have a number of nature reserves and parks in Minneapolis / St. Paul. They're neat, often you can go into one and not see any indication that you're in the middle of one of the cities. The above scene is the Harriet Alexander park in St. Paul. It has a few encroaching houses to mar the views, but luckily not too many.

We also have parks and reserves outside of the twin cities that aren't very far, went to one of those in the late afternoon. About a twenty minute drive. I have a few pics from the D-LUX from that, I'll post those here in a bit.

OK, from today with the D-LUX. It shoots like a true Leica: let me choose and easily tweak the ISO, shutter, aperture. Keep the fluff out-of-the-way.

33244460204_63391cf3a4_b.jpg

lunch at brasa - carl 2
by Carl B, on Flickr

33929758592_195675b676_h.jpg

lunch at brasa - Erich
by Carl B, on Flickr

33702506810_4aca41b0bc_h.jpg

tamarack lake
by Carl B, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, James. I feel pretty fortunate. Raised my kids here, good schools and good people.

Winters makes us go crazy about February. But we're a bunch of characters so no one else besides us seems to notice. We just celebrate the ensuing wackiness.

Last edited by a moderator: