Leica Leica has solved the sensor corrosion issue

Raid

All-Pro
Leica has solved the sensor corrosion issue
REF:
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/..._medium=E-Mail

For current information on the CCD sensors of cameras Leica M9 / M9 - P / M monochrome / ME

We are pleased to announce that the development of our new generation of CCD sensors and the connected field tests have now been successfully completed . Leica Camera AG can now begin with the camera models M9 , M9 - P and ME with the replacement of corroded sensors to sensors of the new generation therefore .
The sensors exchange for the model M Monochrome will also begin shortly. We will inform you as soon as possible about the exact timing .
In this context we would like to inform our customers once again that the exchange of CCD sensors can only be offered for this particular problem of affected cameras , a preventive replacement is not possible .
We thank you for your patience and trust in the brand Leica

Aktuelle Information zu den CCD-Sensoren der Kameramodelle Leica M9 / M9-P / M Monochrom / M-E

Wir freuen uns, Ihnen mitteilen zu können, dass die Entwicklung unserer neuen CCD-Sensoren-Generation sowie die angeschlossenen Praxistests nun erfolgreich abgeschlossen werden konnten. Die Leica Camera AG kann daher nun bei den Kameramodellen M9, M9-P und M-E mit dem Austausch der korrodierten Sensoren gegen Sensoren der neuen Generation beginnen.
Der Sensoren-Austausch für das Modell M Monochrom wird ebenfalls in Kürze beginnen. Über den genauen Zeitpunkt werden wir Sie so schnell wie möglich informieren.
In diesem Zusammenhang möchten wir unsere Kunden noch einmal darauf hinweisen, dass der Tausch der CCD-Sensoren nur für von diesem konkreten Problem betroffene Kameras angeboten werden kann, ein präventiver Austausch ist nicht möglich.
Wir bedanken uns für Ihre Geduld und Ihr Vertrauen in die Marke Leica.

I'm guessing that the new cover glass is BG-55, and that Leica has an exclusive arrangement to by the sensors from On Semi. The data sheet is not available, the part number shows up- but no links.

Back