Fuji Leica M adapter and Fuji X cameras

Bill

Name
Bill
I have a few Leica "M" lenses. Has anyone tried out the Leica M adapter and what kind of results have you seen?

I am a new member and have been a Micro Four Thirds user for 3 years. I am considering purchasing a Fuji and am intrigued at their approach to adapter lenses. On the surface it seems like a good way to make greater use of my Leica lenses. Thanks.

I have the Leica M adapter but am using it for a Voigtlander 35mm on the XP1, the results itself is as expected of the lens you use, the CV 35mm 1.2 is quite good however I found focusing a bit of a challenge as focusing is done by magnification which I find a bit awkward, though this may change shortly with the split prism focusing system with upcoming X models.

Bill- I got into m43 primarily to use my legacy Leica and OM lenses, and have been doing the same with my X-Pro 1 since I bought it last year. I use a Rainbowimaging M to X adapter with my Voigtlander 15mm 4.5 and Leitz 50mm F2 Summicron. I'm used to shooting with MF lenses and magnification on the VF2 of my E-PL1, so it has not been a problem using these lenses on the X-Pro with its EVF. The balance of these lenses on the X-Pro is pretty good, considering the dimensions are close to my Leica M3. I've been very happy with it; you'll definitely get use out of your Leica glass.

Ed

I have a few Leica "M" lenses. Has anyone tried out the Leica M adapter and what kind of results have you seen?

I am a new member and have been a Micro Four Thirds user for 3 years. I am considering purchasing a Fuji and am intrigued at their approach to adapter lenses. On the surface it seems like a good way to make greater use of my Leica lenses. Thanks.

I have tested 3 different M adapters, they all worked as advertised. My book contains a chapter on how to use adapted lenses on X-Mount cameras which might be useful. Image quality depends on the specific lens you adapt. I am using a 75mmF1.8 Heliar from Voigtländer with good results.

8388942765_264561626e_c.jpg

DSCF3268 by ricopress, on Flickr

6950867090_666dd68724_c.jpg

DSCF2899 by ricopress, on Flickr

I've never shot with any M lens, but have recently been seriously thinking about getting either a CV 21mm or 25mm for street shooting ; since I prefer having the distance markings on the lens, and it seems unlikely that the upcoming 23mm will have the distance markings like the Fuji 14mm.

But I have a question re: minimum focus distance though, I've seen a few people in various forums recommend the Hawk's helicoid adapter "to be able to focus at close distances." Could anyone elaborate on this more? How close can I focus when using wide-ish lenses (e.g. CV 15mm, 21mm) with the Fuji M adapter?

Many thanks.

Excellent shots flysurfer. Keep more images / experiences coming. I am interested in this as well with bunch of manual lenses. Maybe next generation cameras will have the focus peaking/split screen though I might be OK with magnification...

I have tested 3 different M adapters, they all worked as advertised. My book contains a chapter on how to use adapted lenses on X-Mount cameras which might be useful. Image quality depends on the specific lens you adapt. I am using a 75mmF1.8 Heliar from Voigtländer with good results.

8388942765_264561626e_c.jpg

The sharpness and color on the first photo are amazing. Great shot.

Back