Leica Showcase Leica M Image Thread

L1008939_062014.jpg

L1008932_062014.jpg

L1008940_062014.jpg

L1008943_062014.jpg

Zeiss 18mm and Purple edges

With certain scenes with bright sky light I am getting purple edges using the Leica M and a Zeiss 18mm. I like the lens perspective and they look good in B&W. Any suggestions? Cornerfix doesn't work on this.

L1000186.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L1000186-2.jpg

With certain scenes with bright sky light I am getting purple edges using the Leica M and a Zeiss 18mm. I like the lens perspective and they look good in B&W. Any suggestions? Cornerfix doesn't work on this.

L1000186.jpg

L1000186-2.jpg

Are you coding it at all? I code mine as a 21mm 2.8 Elmarit ASPH 11135/11897 and have absolutely no issue with color shifting. Try it out.

Cheers,

Antonio

Antonio, that is the setting I am using in the camera's manual lens setting. Are you using the M9? There is probably a difference between the CCD sensor and this new CMOS sensor in the M(240).

Turning off the film setting in the menu reduces the problem but does not entirely fix it.

L1000243.jpg

This is very similar to the results I get if I use the lens uncoded. The lens certainly behaves differently on the M than it does on the M9.

What is a bit perplexing is that on the sister site Leica Place, Amin posted some test photos he took with his M 240 and the 18mm Zeiss. They don't seem to show the purple edges and the vignetting that are evident in your shots. See here: Leica

Here are some sample shots on the M9: Leica

Regards,

Antonio

Thanks Antonio. I just joined the Leica place site. I see a very faint bit of purple on the first shot (upper right), but less than mine. Maybe because he is using a lens hood and I am not. The indoor shots and others not including bright sky at the edges are fine with mine also.

Back