Leica Showcase Leica M Image Thread

samples - Thanks, that would be great

well.... sorry I won't be able too. I just sold it.... for the final payment towards the 50mm lux that replaced it. It went to a local fellow who I know will enjoy it.

No doubt a great lens though....

It's not a great photo, granted. But look at the lens!

This is a 51-year-old Leica 135mm Hektor. It's a 24-second shot taken on a tripod -- I needed an infinity test for the lens and had put it off during the day. Now I'm glad I did because the pinpoints of light make the quality of the lens so much more apparent.

This is a 100% crop.

The bright blow-out is Oakland airport about 30kms away, the near trees are maybe 1km and the far trees about 3kms.

Oh, yeah, and it ran me $90 including the screw-to-M-mount adapter. Criminally cheap.

View attachment 31891

5368315005_a2f7aef795_b.jpg

M8 + Noctilux @ 1/90 f/2.8 iso 640 processed in LR2

Operating historical farm called Longstreet Farm in Holmdel, NJ

This scene is so European to my foreigner's eyes! It's even got the mini in the background.

Where's the dentist? Is it the white building? I see an Indian restaurant.

pound_hill-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pound_hill-3.jpg

pound_hill-4.jpg

pound_hill-5.jpg

I have a filmmaking shot in mind so I interpreted it as a zoom accompanied by the Psycho strings as heard in the shower scene! Only because dentists scare the crap out of me. I haven't been to the dentist for 20 years now. In fact the last teeth-related person I saw was the orthodontist who had just taken off my braces, I didn't even go back for the final couple of visits which means there is a small metal bar still holding my four bottom front teeth together. It's never been removed and has been there for pretty much the past 20 years.

(Nice lens by the way...! Sharp enough to read the little signs in those crops)

Back