Leica Showcase Leica M Image Thread

Gordon,
Love your composition. The first two especially. The second one is intriguing. Do you print? If not, please consider it for shots like these.

I have 30 inch prints of no 2 and no 4 in my office. #4 was a shot I've wanted to make for 20 years. I just needed the right road.

Gordon

WHAT is going on in your photos, Antonio?? Looks like a lot of fun.

Here´s the story. The photos were taken at the Puerto Rico Museum of Contemporary Art. The event was the opening of an installation by Puerto Rican artist and photographer Lorna Otero. The title of the installation is "Family Pictures." The artist had requested (through social sites) that people submit digital copies of family pictures. She selected several dozen, which she printed and assembled into a montage. The set up, in one of the Museum's exhibition rooms, was of a typical living room, except that it also contained the montage with the photos. The montage is interactive in that visitors to the museum are encouraged to sit in the room and take their own family pictures.

Part of the premise of the installation is that family pictures typically do not depict day-to-day life, but rather are taken during family gatherings and other special occasions or events. My photos above were of a theater skit which was part of the opening. The concept was to depict a situation where family pictures would be taken. The actors were engaged in your typical family banter during dinner, including a couple of heated discussions and the announcement that one of the family members was pregnant. Two of the actors had P&S cameras, and every so often, the group would huddle up and have their picture taken. While this was happening, Ms. Otero (the artist) was shooting photographs of the whole gathering. Those photographs will be incorporated into the project.

Here's a shot of what the setup looked like. You can see the artist's umbrella and monolight set-up, as well as the photographer herself (the young lady with the Canon 5D).

L1002048_1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is part of the installation montage:

L1002044_1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers,

Antonio

Sorry James. Rushing. Bad.

Wilpena Pound in the Flinders Rangers. Absolutely amazing place.

Antonio. The dog in the bed and the expression of the woman holding it are priceless.

Gordon

Back