Leica Showcase Leica M Image Thread

Just like that, it's been more than 6 months now from Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan):

L1008465_042014.jpg

L1008418_042014.jpg

L1008419_042014.jpg

L1008375_042014.jpg

L1008461_042014.jpg

L1008428_042014.jpg

Just picked up a used M9. These are with the 90 Elmarit-m. Not as sharp as the a7r, but I prefer the rendering and shooting experience of a range-finder.

Congratulations to your M9. I don`t want to be nit picking, but the M9 produces files as perceived as "sharp" (as much micro contrast) as the a7r does if the RF is correctly calibrated and focus spot on. Of course, the Sony beats the Leica in resolution. And lastly, rendering is a function of sensor and lenses rather than the RF. And this is where the M9 & Leica glass is still unique, at least at lower isos.

Congratulations to your M9. I don`t want to be nit picking, but the M9 produces files as perceived as "sharp" (as much micro contrast) as the a7r does if the RF is correctly calibrated and focus spot on. Of course, the Sony beats the Leica in resolution. And lastly, rendering is a function of sensor and lenses rather than the RF. And this is where the M9 & Leica glass is still unique, at least at lower isos.
I realized after I had posted this that I mis-spoke. Yes, the Sony has more resolution than the M9. I'm also aware that the range finder is only a focusing tool and has nothing to do with image quality, that it's the lenses/sensor that are what produce the rendering. I'm also noticing that my photos look sharper after I've uploaded them to Flicker then to S.C. Not sure if they actually are sharper or if it's the difference in background color(Aperture is black).
Okay to be nit picky, I just went through three months of vision problems and thought I might have to give up on photography as a hobby. Fortunately, things are close to being back to normal. A little nit picking doesn't bother me at all, I'm just glad to back!

Back