Leica Showcase Leica M Image Thread

Lovely, Vidar and I am so impressed by your developing your own film! I used to have a darkroom/bathroom, though it has been years.

There's a very old fashioned feel to this scene which seems very fitting, somehow. What a wonderful countryside you have to walk and hike in.

I miss the days of having my own darkroom... (and the time to spend in it)

Leica M3 + 35mm Summaron "Bug-eyes"

NYC10_2006012.jpg

Union Square, NYC

Leica M3 + 35mm Summaron "Bug-eyes"

img022.jpg

NYC Subway, Penn Station

Leica M3 + Noctilux

NYC005.jpg

World Trade Center

NYC10_2006023.jpg

Just outside Penn Station, NYC

NYC10_2006017.jpg

Union Square, NYC

The M9 made it. So far, my favorite lens on it is the 1937 Sonnar. I have three of these lenses, one of the others is on the M8.

To me, the draw of the Digital Leica is being able to use 80 years of glass on it. The M9 allows lenses to be used as intended: RF coupled, Full-frame, and no need for the IR cut filter. I am enjoying this camera.

I am liking the M9 used with the Uncoated Sonnars.

1935 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 Sonnar, wide-open. Converted to Leica Mount using a J-3 LTM Focus Mount.

This is my original conversion, have done 15 since. The focal length on this one is the Leica standard, a result of the front element being polished and coated long ago_Only the front element is coated. Was not right on the Contax but is perfect across the entire focus range on a Leica. I optimized it for F1.5.

Took my 4 year old to NYC for the first time to see the well known Dino exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. Great exhibit even though composing photos of the skeletons is like taking photos of statues... the information learned is more interesting (to me).

Heliar 12mm on M9. Turns out it doesn't work as well as on film (or even M8 with the crop). Too much color-casts because of the lens design/light angles against the sensor. May try to fix with cornerfix but my first attempts didn't work so well. Oh well... Could always use it as a B&W lens.. lol

All were @ ISO 1250 f/5.6 handheld at f/15th. Underexposed a little at that shutter but ok.

5633326390_af8e23687e_z.jpg

5632761513_6b38d4a837_z.jpg

Cropped out the corner casts... Magenta lower left and Cyan on the upper left..

5632797659_56dac52302_z.jpg

50mm Summilux Asph @ ISO 400 f/2.8 1/180th on the M9

5632773469_b5e9ffdde9_z.jpg

50mm Summilux Asph @ ISO 400 f/2 1/45th handheld on the M9

Say Hi to great great great... grandpa...

5633307142_4c2a2a44f8_z.jpg

After about 3 hours of trying to keep up with a little one running from one exhibit to the next, we went to the Central Park and called it a day... just before the almost 2 hour commute back home.

Looks and sounds as though you had a great day - and a sleepy ride home, I'd bet - for your 4 year old.;)

I like this series, usayit - that shell is incredibly beautiful! Love the saber tooth portrait, too.:D

The Natural History Museum in NYC, is one heck of a cool place. An uncle of mine was the art director there many years ago... When I was little, I used to love to go and stand in front of the dioramas and become one with them...in my imagination. Your first shot gives a good feeling of the space where that great whale floats...love that hall.

Back