Leica Showcase Leica M Image Thread

A few from a research trip to the Science Museum in London - all with the 25 biogon

6821931891_0bd6f15ebe_z.jpg

6821935957_dc7b84a6fe_z.jpg

6821929489_278bb54296_z.jpg

6821938355_39bb8e8326_z.jpg

I'm grappling with the wideness of this lens, it's apparently 33mm equivalent, but seems wider. After so long with the short tele of the Sonnar, its like learning photography all over again. Not many keepers so far.

They're all pretty good!

Did you have a filter in place for the Science Museum shot?

Really like the multiple layers in the 'first person to live' self portrait photo.

The guy in the pub photo is hilarious, nice expression. In Japan they would say he's doing a 'henoji'.

I find with the 28mm Biogon the image always turns out bigger, (wider and higher), than you see in the viewfinder frame lines on the M8.

Consequently I end up cropping most "closer" distance images

Thanks,
The museum in the picture is actually the Natural History museum, not the Science museum, which is next door - and in the shade.
I havent been using my UV/IR filters for ages now, although I religiously did when I started with the M8, and the colour cast issue does pop up but it doesn't bother me so much; I just absolutely cannot stand filter induced flare spots around bright lights.

Most of these are mild crops to straighten and exlude the milling crowds (self portrait was a heavy crop, obvs.) Anyway, it snowed here today, so I'm off out to play in it!

a few M8/Biogon 28mm crops

dog.jpg

man.jpg

boy.jpg

I havent been using my UV/IR filters for ages now, although I religiously did when I started with the M8, and the colour cast issue does pop up but it doesn't bother me so much; I just absolutely cannot stand filter induced flare spots around bright lights.

I took off my UV/IR filter ages ago, don't really need it to be honest, except for the purist I suppose.

I asked about a filter because of the star flares from each of the lights in that photo.

Bill, #2 reminds me of this:

http://www.photographersgallery.com/i/full/meudon.jpg

Just what is he carrying....

I like the muted colours in that one too.

Thanks James - there is just something about using a Leica - cannot quantify it - it just feels "right"

the image - I wish mine were that good and interesting - it looks like France just after WW2

"carrying" things could be a good theme for a thread

TraamisVOS said:
I asked about a filter because of the star flares from each of the lights in that photo.
i wonder if it's about the quality of manufacture of, and number of blades in, the diaphragm?; both my good lenses (CV 28/1.9 and Summicron 35mm) give beautiful sunstars too (even on my ever so humble E-P2)

Oh sorry, THAT science museum photo; Well to answer properly, I did not use a filter in any of the pictures, and was actually experimenting to try and generate the biggest brightest sunstars I could! That was handheld down at 1/11th f5.6 ISO640 and the best of three, at different f stops.

Bizarrely; I despise lens flare, but enjoy big ol' sunstars.

Back