Leica Showcase Leica M Image Thread

Newest project, still a work in progress.

Leitz Varob 5cm F3.5, 1930s Enlarger lens. Uncoated. I believe this lens is optically identical to the Elmar, in a non-focusing mount for use in the darkroom.

Quite sharp at F5.6

Unlike a "modern" (you know, made after 1945), this lens is sharp across the full focus range. This lens has never been used beyond a few feet before this.

On the M8.

Not sure if I understand this. The range rover behind merc is a late model.

M5/Zeiss 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar @ f/5.6 I think
Also 1st image from my 1st roll of TMAX-100 I Developed tonight in Xtol 1:1 After 41 years !
800LS-1st Tmax 100 Home Developed-- 10-23-2010 -- 01.tn.jpg

:) I expect you're meant to understand it as being the first roll of film he's developed in 41 years rather than the roll of film is 41 years old ?

Took the 1934 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 Sonnar out to Gunston Hall today. This batch of lenses was ordered in 1932, this one most likely made in early 1934.

Wide-Open at F1.5:

At F4:

This lady was keeping an eye on me...

This is one of the earliest Sonnars that can be converted using a Jupiter-3 mount. The first couple of batches of Sonnars did not have a filter ring, and the construction was "just different". This one came in a mount with a Black rim around it, used with the Contax I era lenses. The optics on this one cleaned up to near perfection. It had never been opened up, I took it apart and cleaned all of the glass surfaces. It looked like Wax Paper when I received it.

Back