L-Mount Leica M-lenses on L-mount cameras - post yours!

Leica L-Mount cameras and lenses

albertk

Veteran
Leica-M lenses generally perform good on the L-mount camera I have, the Lumix S-5
here is an example of the 35mm Summicron v1
PS5_0487.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lumix S-5. Looking down from the ramparts.

Last edited:
The 40mm M-Rokkor, while a stellar performer on my Leica-M body, underperforms. Vague, washing, only good beyond F5.6.
  • Is that because I left the manual selection at 35mm - and that there is some internal calculation through the image stabilisation?
I should do some tests with these variables.

Say, that's pretty good performance. That's the Summicron I ie, the non-aspherical design from way back when?

I have the Summicron V ASPH and I will also soon have an L-mount camera so I will see how it looks.

Yes this is the V1, I had it CLA'd in Wetzlar years back. Of course they deliver a superb alignment. I have it since 1976 or so.
I also now have the V4 since a few months. A 'wilder' lens.
P1000159.jpg

S5/Summicron 35mm v4. Wild but oh so charming.

Last edited:
This is what the 85mm F2.0 Jupiter-9 in LTM does. Wide open. In no way comparable with the thin focus-line gaussians: everything is sort of in focus.
PS5_0290.jpg

PS5_0284.jpg
PS5_0281.jpg

never has the Jupiter-9 been so good on my M240 (no that is not true at all but is is my feeling now: the ease of use does that)
But this ís a great shoppers lens as you see, balances well on the S5 body too.

I found out the camera does have some strange habits.
  • The image processor tries to sharpen things (in Capture-1 style): even when out of the plane of focus areas of sharpened output appear.
here with the Summilux, wide open, normal soft box effect , candle lit scne, 3200 A - full image and crop.

It means that the standard sharpening of the S5 is too agressive. I say like C1, because I dropped that software because of its habit of faking sharpness in some pictures. I hope I can set preferences here.
  • Any suggestions how to do it?

PS5_0610.jpg

note the hair behind the ear. Just like someone has been drawing quickly.
PS5_0610.jpg

I saw no apostrophe (anymore) that I probably would put one in camera's - they erroneously do that here in Holland I guess, but US has the plural correctly without .. :sick:
I changed the hyhen so it now reads Leica M-lenses - that is also more correct
But I think any lens on an M-adapter should fit the thread. So all LTM lenses too :)

Last edited:
Back