L1009691_zpse5900cba.jpg

L1009557_zpsc1466a2f.jpg

L1009037_zps3fde3176.jpg

L1009639_zpsb347f09e.jpg

L1009283_zpseaa6b868.jpg

L1009652_zps405a3937.jpg

L1009026_zpsd89e3306.jpg

L1009647_zps1c57c1a9.jpg

Great street shots Dave and "Air Frog USMC". Still deciphering that name, tell me if it has a different meaning!

Leopold- welcome aboard, and thankyou for the images. "Preset Overdose", too funny.

Some from me, from Today at the Manassas Battlefield Park, probably the first Memorial Day monument.

Note that the Cannon muzzles are not plugged. The Bluebirds noticed as well, and several were home to baby birds.
CSonnar_Cannon_F15.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
CSonnar_Barrel_F4.jpg
CSonnar_Monument_F4.jpg
50J3_Gun_F4.jpg
CSonnar_Line_F15.jpg

Last edited:
Thankyou for that!

After being a Waco Glider Pilot, then B-29's in WW-II, and then when the Air Force split off from the Army: Tank Commander- My Dad was an Airborne Instructor at Ft Benning after the Korean War.

I hate this thread b/c it makes me want to purchase an MM, I'm sort of regretting not saving up longer and purchasing a MM rather than the M-E. I read that when you purchase an MM you have access to a high quality printing service. For those of you with the MM, have you used this printing service yet and if so how do you like it? Is there a charge for the service and if so is it reduced in cost since it's part of the MM package? I'm just wondering (and try to build justification on why I need this body).

Same feeling here except I may save up for the MM rather than replace my M8 with an M9 next year when second-hand M9s are cheaper. The MM seems like a camera for life to me which is a very rare thing in this modern world.

For those of you with the MM, have you used this printing service yet and if so how do you like it? Is there a charge for the service and if so is it reduced in cost since it's part of the MM package? I'm just wondering (and try to build justification on why I need this body).

Yeah I've had mine about a month now. I have been a freelance shooter since 1982 and this is my first Leica, the MM. I have used just about every format of camera for different jobs over he years and have always purchased what I needed to make a living. This is the second camera purchase I have ever made because I wanted it. The first time was in 1979 and I bought a used Nikon F2 when I was in college.
I'm just coming to terms with the MM. Getting to know each other. We are becoming inseparable. It is the closest thing to film I have shot since the digital hammer dropped and I love it.
About the printing. I don't know what it cost but by the look of the sample that comes with the camera, I'm not all that impressed. It could be the capture that is lacking but if I'm in the printing business, I would have put a better foot forward to solicit work.

G

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some pictures posted. I bought my Nikon F2 in college as well, I think it was also in 1979. I still have it. The M Monochrom is the closest to Panatomic-X in Microdol that I've ever used.

Ha! So do I Brian. It has the drive on it that takes the 10 batteries. I put some batteries in it every year or so just to hear/feel that mechanical 5 fps. There was nothing like it. I will post some stuff at some point soon.
Thx for the welcome.

I hate this thread b/c it makes me want to purchase an MM, I'm sort of regretting not saving up longer and purchasing a MM rather than the M-E. I read that when you purchase an MM you have access to a high quality printing service. For those of you with the MM, have you used this printing service yet and if so how do you like it? Is there a charge for the service and if so is it reduced in cost since it's part of the MM package? I'm just wondering (and try to build justification on why I need this body).

I haven't tried the printing services - and there might be additional taxes to be paid when it enters our country...

Same feeling here except I may save up for the MM rather than replace my M8 with an M9 next year when second-hand M9s are cheaper. The MM seems like a camera for life to me which is a very rare thing in this modern world.

I never expected to have likened the MM so much, that I can gamble to shoot purely in black and white... it's my everyday camera, ironically now.

About the printing. I don't know what it cost but by the look of the sample that comes with the camera, I'm not all that impressed. It could be the capture that is lacking but if I'm in the printing business, I would have put a better foot forward to solicit work.

G

That's discouraging to here as that printing company advertises in LFI and I assumed they do good work. I wasn't sure if by owning a MM you are entitled to a discount on printing services or if it was maybe even free (excluding cost of shipping and taxes).

Well in this world of "good enough" they may be top drawer. The paper was very nice.
I just took the print out again and if you hold in the direct sunlight you can see more shadow detail. But for the most part it is a fail in my books. I can forgive some of the "good enough" on the web because of all the different screens, devices and low res. I've been a black an white printer since I was 11 yrs old and the print is the holy grail of good black and white photography as far as I'm concerned and I don't give much wiggle room. Photo journalists get a pass when in stressful situations like war. But the print Leica sent along could have been much better given that the image was not shot under duress.
My two pennies worth.

G

Back