Leica Leica M240 with 7Artisans 50 1.1

Raid

All-Pro
My M9 is at Leica USA (NJ) for sensor replacement, so I got a loaner M 240 camera. Then, I got on same day the 7Artisans 50/1.1 from China. It was pouring on that same day, but I took out this camera and lens set to Joe Patti's Seafood in Pensacola to try out the lens (and camera).

link: 7Artisans_50_1.1_M240 - raid

It was challenging to correctly focus the lens wide open, but I gave it a try.

L1002540-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L1002524-X2.jpg

L1002534-X2.jpg

L1002578-XL.jpg

L1002567-XL.jpg

L1002531-X2.jpg

L1002768-X2.jpg

The lens is heavy and so is the M 240. After one hour of using them both, one of my fingers started to hurt me. It may be the way that I was holding the camera as there is no camera strap. I know that I can focus better on Dana's eyes, so it may have been my focusing or the M240 or the lens or all.

The larger battery in the M240 allowed me quick back-to-back photos without any buffer time.
I have yet no clue how to set the M240 to get DNG files. Here, I got jpg files somehow. I have the camera set to NO for DNG compression. I will look it up.
edited: I tried out SET and it was there! I set it now to DNG+jpg fine.

L1002711%20copy-XL.jpg

Today, I am switching around M8 and M240 for the 7Artisans lens. The M240 will get the (original) Voigtlaender Nokton 50 1.5 while the M8 will get the 50 1.1. Let the fun begin!

Your daughter looks thrilled :rolleyes-79::rolleyes-79::rolleyes-79:

I know you've taken lots of photos of your kids over the years. They probably dread when you carry your camera. (just kidding)

PS: My daughter (age 7) loves to have her picture taken. My son (age 9) hates it.

school.jpg

I can only hope that Dana and Lina are not getting too old to be bribed with Klondike bars.

We really missed getting to Navarre this year and visiting Raid and family. Had to cancel at the last minute. BUMMER!

Had the 7Artisans and Nokton 50/1.1 in the bag ready to go.

The shots on the M8 are in focus on the eyes. The M240- looks like back-focus with the RF. This is a great lens for the M8 as the crop sensor gets the sweet spot for the lens. Field curvature puts the far edges into focus on a different plane than the center.

I can only hope that Dana and Lina are not getting too old to be bribed with Klondike bars.

We really missed getting to Navarre this year and visiting Raid and family. Had to cancel at the last minute. BUMMER!

Had the 7Artisans and Nokton 50/1.1 in the bag ready to go.

The shots on the M8 are in focus on the eyes. The M240- looks like back-focus with the RF. This is a great lens for the M8 as the crop sensor gets the sweet spot for the lens. Field curvature puts the far edges into focus on a different plane than the center.
We miss your visit too!

I agree; I will use the M240 with other lenses where the focusing is not so critical, such as the 35mm lens or a 50mm with max aperture 2.0-2.8.

Here are three new images:

L1002809-X2.jpg

LV1-XL.jpg

L1002810-X2.jpg

I may be improving in using the M240.

Back