Leica Showcase Leica M240

christilou

Legend
A few efforts from the M240 using the 50mm 1.4 Summilux. Framing not quite right in some of them but I'm getting the hang of it I think.

m/photos/christilou1/10066747945/]
10066747945_216e42b55b_b.jpg
[/url]
Autumn Gold by christilou1, on Flickr

10055829103_e9b58acec0_b.jpg

First Attempts at RF focus by christilou1, on Flickr

10055765106_f4a3352d1b_b.jpg

First Attempts at RF focus by christilou1, on Flickr

Thank you, the weather isn't good enough here to find much else at the moment.... the patch is much smaller than I imagined but I managed to get a reasonable hit rate at 1.4 to f2 without too much trouble. I need to get faster though :) I just turned on live view this morning and tried focus using the peaking which worked quite well but I do have the Oly EVF2 as a back up!

The M240 is very heavy, the body and the lens. Interestingly for such an expensive item, I don't feel the need to baby it as much as I do any other camera.

Looks like you picked up focusing with the RF very quickly!

The pictures look good, and well-framed. Viewfinder frames are "inexact", and you often have margin in the frame.

I guess "Very Heavy" is relative. Compared to my EP2, the M9 and M monochrome are heavy; compared to my Nikon DSLR- they are light and compact.

Lovely, Christina! These are heavy cameras to me also, but that M240 shutter release is so sweet and well damped. It's just a very solid feeling camera in use.

Thanks Christina. if I am using an RF lens, definitely use the RF. It still is so much better. I feel more connected to the scene than with the Evf. When using Slr lenses however, Evf is the only option and it is so nice to have that option. I am so tempted to explore and try out different lenses.

Here are a few from my first walk with this camera. Thanks much to Vince, it's in beautiful shape and was packaged quite well for shipping!

13997589862_461ed86631_c.jpg

13977655836_76c32ef5c4_c.jpg

14020759353_a4300c0671_c.jpg

The lens was an adapted 50mm f1.4 Canon FD, not too shabby!

Well, I suppose you could go for the Leica T now, heh! And there isn't a darned thing wrong with your shots, Vince. You just have "wandering shutter finger:" that shutter finger that always needs to press that *new* shutter button. :tongue:

Seriously, thanks very much again. A beautiful camera, superb package deal.

Carl, don't tempt me. I don't really need much help in that department.

Seriously, I thought about the T for about 5 minutes and then I dismissed it. I am sure the IQ will be great and the unit itself looks very sleek and cool but I am wondering if it is too much money for what I am almost able to get from my Sony A7r for less. I get AF and M lens compatibility. Yes, not all M lens works well with the A7 particularly some wides. The wides I have however worked well. 35 lux asph is Ok, while the WATE is amazing on the A7r. The other 2 M lenses I have are the 50 lux asph and 90 apo, Both works perfectly with the A7r. Then the 55 Zeiss gives me AF. That is why I dismissed the T. If it comes with an optical RF, that is a different story :)

More like 7 :) I am back on a Sony A7r, my 4th A7/7r

The last time I switched to Sony, I promised myself that I will keep it for at least a year, a week later, I switched to M 240.

Back