Leica Showcase Leica M8 / M8.2

I'd love to own an M8, I'd pair it with the newish Voigt 28mm F/2 II and probably be content with just that. But the prices have sky-rocketed recently and it's very tough to justify.

Things will come back down again. Not sure what the bubble is. Prices dropped 40% as soon as the M9 was introduced. After that- dropped to $1500 and $1250. I guess there was no problem with the cover glass corroding, and the CCDs did not have the cracking problem of the M9. Then- CCD cameras are a thing of the past, and some people want just want one.

17 years after Leica published their first digital camera, I decided to challenge it on the evening stroll. And help a bit with Lightroom 🙄 - raw development and noise reduction.
I downsampled resolution to social media -friendly (to get excuse for my lacking skills in post processing 😂)
ISO was fixed to 1250, only one for comparison with ISO 2500. I hope you enjoy, although motifs are a bit dull, and there was really dark...

Old traditional restaurant in the heart of Helsinki at Kaivopuisto. Closed in the evening of 1/1/2023
Misc-191814.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

First two ISO 1250 on the last ISO 2500
Misc-191928-2.jpg
Misc-191928.jpg
Misc-191944.jpg

Pathway
Misc-192320.jpg

Quay at Kaivopuisto
Misc-192554.jpg
Misc-192614.jpg

Seafortress Suomenlinna on the left and its curch tower/lighthouse, on the right one of the fortress islands and bastions, Särkkä
Misc-192928.jpg

Boat quay at Kaivopuisto, boats to recreational parks in close islands leave from there
Misc-192954.jpg

Uunisaari, many saunas on the island to rent for private use, well as private as it gets on the city center.
One can walk a little over 1 km track from mainland to the end of third island in the chain, walking bridges between the islands
Misc-193020.jpg

Mystery
Misc-193106.jpg

Daylight reference picture with ISO 1250 without NR
Misc-201856.jpg

I use M8RAW2DNG and the button dance whenever shooting low-light, the color noise present in the native compressed DNG files is greatly reduced.

ISO1250 equiv, shoot at ISO160 and push 3 stops.

ISO2500 equiv- shoot ISO160 and Push 4 stops in post.

Last edited:
17 years after Leica published their first digital camera, I decided to challenge it on the evening stroll. And help a bit with Lightroom 🙄 - raw development and noise reduction.
I downsampled resolution to social media -friendly (to get excuse for my lacking skills in post processing 😂)
ISO was fixed to 1250, only one for comparison with ISO 2500. I hope you enjoy, although motifs are a bit dull, and there was really dark...

Old traditional restaurant in the heart of Helsinki at Kaivopuisto. Closed in the evening of 1/1/2023
View attachment 356794

First two ISO 1250 on the last ISO 2500
View attachment 356795View attachment 356796View attachment 356805

Pathway
View attachment 356797

Quay at Kaivopuisto
View attachment 356798View attachment 356799

Seafortress Suomenlinna on the left and its curch tower/lighthouse, on the right one of the fortress islands and bastions, Särkkä
View attachment 356800

Boat quay at Kaivopuisto, boats to recreational parks in close islands leave from there
View attachment 356801

Uunisaari, many saunas on the island to rent for private use, well as private as it gets on the city center.
One can walk a little over 1 km track from mainland to the end of third island in the chain, walking bridges between the islands
View attachment 356802

Mystery
View attachment 356803

Daylight reference picture with ISO 1250 without NR
View attachment 356823
Nice to see you popping your head back in. Everyone has their own code with the iso on these CCD rangefinders.

Back