Leica Showcase Leica M8 / M8.2

VINCETAN

Top Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
xdayv,

Those are great pictures of Tacloban City. Were you passing by? Was it a planned trip? Must be tough to get in and out of that place.

Edit:

Dave, I just realized that you are from that part of the country. I was originally from Manila and my heart goes out to all those that were in Leyte, Cebu and Tacoloban. I am glad you are fine, felt really bad for all those who lost everything. I hope things will get better quickly. My wife is from Cebu.

Vince

xdayv

Top Veteran
Mar 22, 2013
Tacloban City, Philippines
Dave
xdayv,

Those are great pictures of Tacloban City. Were you passing by? Was it a planned trip? Must be tough to get in and out of that place.

Edit:

Dave, I just realized that you are from that part of the country. I was originally from Manila and my heart goes out to all those that were in Leyte, Cebu and Tacoloban. I am glad you are fine, felt really bad for all those who lost everything. I hope things will get better quickly. My wife is from Cebu.

Vince
Vince, thanks for your sympathy and concern. My heart goes out to those who have lost tremendously in this tragedy. On my end, my family are okay and that's what counts most as of this time, but we also lost almost all along the way...

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
I use my M8 a lot. With all the talk of the M246 and M Monochrom- I've been doing monochrome conversions with the M8.

These are using a Yellow filter with the camera, and custom converting to Linear-DNG using a a custom demosiac algorithm implemented in Fortran.

M8 Converted to Linear DNG by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

100% crop. You can see the "demosaic artifacts" which show up a dots, work as a dithering patter.

M8 Converted to Linear DNG by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

I might expand on this algorithm- add some pattern recognition to the interpolation scheme. The one used is very simple.

M1016214 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

The output files are 15-bits, the highlights are very well preserved. "White" is set to ~45000.

M1016203 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
with the 28mm F2.8 Elmarit, at F4. Yellow filter

M1016199 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

I wrote two programs, one converts the file to monochrome linear-DNG, the other assumes the Blue channel has a lot of Infrared in it...

I1016214 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

and does a false-color conversion.

Best to use the Orange filter for shooting color Infrared using this algorithm.

This is with the C-Sonnar at F4, with Orange Filter.

I1016216 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

cobbu2

Regular
Sep 17, 2014
Rockville, MD
A sampling from various locations:

Rockville Maryland woods, 35/2.5 CV Color Skopar PII

Above the Herbert Glacier, northeast of Juneau Alaska, 15/4.5 CV Super-Wide Heliar ASPH

Castillo San Felipe del Morro, CV 15/4.5 Super-Wide Heliar ASPH

Atop Enchanted Rock north of Fredericksburg Texas, 15/4.5 CV Super-Wide Heliar ASPH

Latest threads

Top Bottom