Leica Leica M8/Original Nokton 50/1.5

Raid

All-Pro
I used recently the original Nokton 50.1,5 for the Voigtlander Prominent on my M8. I used two adapters by Amedeo here. Prominent-Contax and Contax-Leica M.

O-NOKTON%20M8-60%20copy-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

O-NOKTON%20M8%20copy%20%20s-XL.jpg

O-NOKTON%20M8-4%20copy%20sx.jpg

Attachments

• O-NOKTON M8-5 copy.jpg
    O-NOKTON M8-5 copy.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 201
Nice lens. Very attractive rendering. The low contrast and pastel colors remind me of the Summitar. And the bokeh is appealing. (As are the subjects).
--Peter

I've used this lens mostly on the Nikon S2 and the Prominent. I need to try it out on the M9.

Check it for any internal haze- it looks like more veiling flare than on mine. It comes apart easily, but has a spring loaded ball bearing for the click stop.

Brian kindly volunteered to clean up this lens, and these are the first images with it.

1. Dana

Nokton--8%20copy-X2.jpg

2. Dana and her Mom: there was hardly any light in the room

Nokton--15%20copy-X2.jpg

3. This morning, outside Joe Patti's Seafood

Nokton--16-X2.jpg

4. The first test shot after the lens got cleaned.

Nokton--X2.jpg

5. Gulf Breeze, just across the bridge from Pensacola

Nokton--27-X2.jpg

Raid- the shots look great.

That lens had a heavy coating of haze on the surfaces on each side of the aperture. The lens is hard-coated and cleaned up nicely. With the Summarit, the haze often penetrates the coating, the only way to get rid of it is to take the coating off. Or replace the element.

Brian kindly volunteered to clean up this lens, and these are the first images with it.

4. The first test shot after the lens got cleaned.

Nokton--X2.jpg
The #1 portrait is very charming, but this - I really like these in-house scenes of tables, mantles, etc. with decorative items on them. Maybe you could post a few more sometime.

I was in one room when I looked around in the evening for one quick snapshot. Then I took one photo like this, Dale. It is not something that I repeat and somehow put together for a post. Thanks.

Back