Leica Leica M9P Maiden Voyage

ajramirez

Hall of Famer
Name
Antonio
I took my brand new Leica M9P for its maiden voyage today. These were the best of the bunch:

6976930460_06c6d61ec5_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Estatua viviente by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7123012133_e636de22c6_o.jpg

Estatua viviente by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7123012165_f2830be378_o.jpg

La trova by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

6976930528_bf1d203666_o.jpg

La trova by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7123012249_33cfbc9d87_o.jpg

Callejón del Gámbaro by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

6976924754_4c3d52871a_o.jpg

Luis Rodríguez by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7123257367_c4f1989a96_o.jpg

Contemplación by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7123006489_e58a618479_o.jpg

Escuela de Artes Plásticas by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

6976924782_9e903b0b19_o.jpg

Antigüedades by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

"Escuela de Artes Plásticas" was shot with the 35mm 2.5 Color Skopar, the rest with the 50mm 2.8 M Elmar. Processed from DNG with ACR and PS CS5. B&W conversions with Silver Efex Pro 2.0.

Cheers,

Antonio

Well, what beautiful photographs. Awesome camera and lens, allied to great skills and the 'eye'. So much texture. Wow.

I would love to stretch to an M9, but it would not be responsible move right now; one more kid to help through university.

Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on the new camera. It really suits you.

Antonio - you are a bad man - the world economy is in recession and you are encouraging, nay, more than that, tempting people to spend money and the urge may become compelling for some.

I'm sticking with my M8 otherwise I'll have to buy another wardrobe for the additional shoes that my wife will buy to even things up.

Wonderful images, you have a good eye, and also the skill to maximise PP techniques to enhance your images further.

No no no - I must resist

Great first set of images with the new camera and good to see the M9P is delivering for you.

Have to admit parting company with my M8.2 end of last year as not happy with high ISO (above 800), as part of replacement I picked up X100 and have not looked back since (would love an M9P but beyond any hope I have due to cost).

Enjoy and keep posting.

Thank you all very much for your kind responses. I really enjoyed my first outing and hope to do some more shooting today.

@ Christina - Rangefinder focusing is really quite easy once you get the hang of it. And the OVF is really a joy to look through.

@ Bill - What better way to stimulate economic growth than to put some more money into it? Of course, it would be nice if the cameras were made (or at least sold) in Puerto Rico so that I could stimulate our economy instead of that of Germany...:)

Cheers,

Antonio

Antonio, have you had a chance to take some low light photos with the M9? I tried to take some photos at a darkly lit bar on Friday with my M8 but there was quite a lot of noise. I'm thinking of getting an M9 but am afraid ISO performance is only marginally better.

Beautiful work Antonio. A couple of them (the guitarist, the door and window in the corridor) have such an amazing sheen / texture - not even sure what to call it, but they've got it. As do others but not quite as stunningly as those. Amazing camera - enjoy!

James, I've never thought that Leica's had any sort of reputation for low light work - I would't expect them to excel for that type of shooting...

-Ray

Back