Leica Leica M9P Street Portraits

ajramirez

Hall of Famer
Name
Antonio
7002107720_e0db967fb8_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

En Lupi's by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7148196291_267f6edd2d_o.jpg

En la calle Fortaleza by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7148192901_e21a144518_o.jpg

La pava by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7148192915_29b4f1073e_o.jpg

Minnie by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7148192943_23dbdfe82e_o.jpg

Oro, plata, monedas by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7148185225_bfd34ee5e1_o.jpg

El pensador y el hidrante by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7002096540_5eb8a55455_o.jpg

Alimentando las palomas by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7002096646_0597206f33_o.jpg

¿Qué miran? by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. All with Leica M9P and 50mm 2.8 M Elmar. Processed from DNG with ACR and PS CS5. B&W conversions with Silver Efex Pro 2.0 and color with Bleach Bypass filter on Color Efex.

Cheers,

Antonio

Very nice.

I hope Leica brings out a Monochrome version of the M9. I see more images from the M8 and M9 converted to monochrome posted than I see done in color. Having used a Monochrome Digital camera, I believe others will like the advantages.

I've never converted a picture from the M9 to monochrome. If an M9-m comes out, I will be tempted. If it also does Infrared, I'll buy one for work. My last Monochrome-IR camera was over $12K, 20 years ago.

Beautiful beautiful work Antonio!

Are you zone focussing or really lining up each shot? I'm guessing that since most of the subjects seem like willing participants, you're really nailing focus, but the last three look more spontaneous, so maybe zone focus for those (a lot more DOF in these shots too)??? Assuming zone focus on the latter ones, from the eye or the hip?

-Ray

Are you zone focussing or really lining up each shot? I'm guessing that since most of the subjects seem like willing participants, you're really nailing focus, but the last three look more spontaneous, so maybe zone focus for those (a lot more DOF in these shots too)??? Assuming zone focus on the latter ones, from the eye or the hip?

I haven't quite learned to do zone focusing yet. These were all focused and shot with the camera at eye level. 1, 2, 4 and 5 are posed shots. 3 and 6 were so immersed in their own worlds that they did not even notice I was taking their photo. On 7 the guy on the left saw me and played it up a bit for the camera. The guy on the right was almost asleep.

On the last shot, they were too busy looking at the little girl to notice me. I actually focused, brought the camera down from my eye and waited for the girl to walk into the frame. I then brought the camera up to my eye and took the shot.

Thank you everybody for your kind comments. I really appreciate them.

Cheers,

Antonio

Back