Leica Leica: Nothing makes sense and everything is wonderful

Anyway, my choice EDC was the 14mm f/2.5 panasonic lens on the M4/3 bodies. Then I had a chance encounter with a Leica X2 and have never looked back.
I still dabble with M4/3 because I sometimes want to shoot long focal lengths but don't want to carry too heavy gear.

Leica/Panasonic collaboration hatched a 4/3 DSLR back in the day. I wish there was a "Leica M4/3" body as well. After all, why not. There's plenty of Panasonic Leica branded M4/3 lenses out there. It could be based on GX8 but the main thing is that the firmware would be more Leica like. With less buttons, why not.

Maybe Leica didn't see the m4/3 future based on their sale of 4/3 cameras, not many released... All PanaLeica lenses are Panasonic produced with Leica QA/QC procedures with some consulting maybe... I remember the Panasonic add from 2008 stating that... Sony / Zeiss relationship is very similar eg Sony used Zeiss QA/QC procedures with some maybe Zeiss consultancy initially.... Now Sony GM lenses are beating Zeiss equivalents... Zeiss used even third party Japanese manufacturer to design/produce its Batis lenses (Tamron? from patents/rumors) since Cosina doesn't have that af/IS tech... Similarly Leica is using a third party Japanese manufacturer for CL/TL lenses, no confirmation of Panasonic involvement... I think TL 35/60mm are only German productions... 35mm TL is a beast by weight similar to Sigma 30mm performance eg for purple fringing, etc... 60mm TL is an APO macro lens which is similar to the higher end SL summicron APO lenses...

I still dabble with M4/3 because I sometimes want to shoot long focal lengths but don't want to carry too heavy gear.

Leica/Panasonic collaboration hatched a 4/3 DSLR back in the day. I wish there was a "Leica M4/3" body as well. After all, why not. There's plenty of Panasonic Leica branded M4/3 lenses out there. It could be based on GX8 but the main thing is that the firmware would be more Leica like. With less buttons, why not.

I was gradually inching towards sanity but now I've relapsed, in my thinking and desires anyway.

I was thinking maybe I should buy the M10R and the necessary accessories. This would come down to 8500 € or so. (Whoah) And I should sell or park away the other cameras for a period of a year. Get back to my "roots" of 4 years ago where I'd shoot one body.

I was thinking I should sell all my M4/3 gear because the autofocus doesn't give me pleasure and it's often inaccurate anyway. I'd love to make my own mistakes thank you very much!

M4/3 serves me as a nice compact setup that offers TTL and focuses closer than 0.7m. But maybe if I just buy a nice SLR macro and adapt it to M10R. Cumbersome and heavy but at least there's the feeling of doing things by yourself.

I have been shooting birds and squirrels through my window but it's an old window, it's thick and uneven, and GX80 has trouble focusing through it. Would love to hunt the critters shooting zone-focused 90mm using an optical viewfinder.

I picked up the Voigtlander 50/1.5 Nokton-M V2 and the 50/2 APO-Lanthar. Been mostly shooting the M9, the M Monochrom does not like cold weather. Comparing my APO-Lanthar shots with the M9 and those taken with newer cameras, I'm happy with the M9.

I was studying the high-ISO shots of M10R today. The noise levels are pleasantly low but there will be some banding after ISO 25k. It's a good 2-3 stops better performance than my M240 but at the same time it's never-ending madness to chase high ISO unicorns to the ends of the worlds. I was, for a moment, vividly disappointed to see a small-frame sensor can't do a clean ISO 50k photograph. Madness.

Back