Fuji LEICA-R 180/4 ELMAR-R

elandel

Regular
Hi all. I would like to have your opinions on this lens. Has anyone used it on Fuji XT1/XT20/XPRO1?
Is it a good lens?
I'm thinking about buying it to have a lens in that 180/200 focal range with excellent quality.
Is this one the right lens?

I do not have experience with that particular lens. I do adapt Leica R mount lenses to both Fuji and m4/3. I really enjoy the lenses I use. They give outstanding results. They do come with a weight penalty, though. They are heavy chunks of metal and glass.

I do not have experience with that particular lens. I do adapt Leica R mount lenses to both Fuji and m4/3. I really enjoy the lenses I use. They give outstanding results. They do come with a weight penalty, though. They are heavy chunks of metal and glass.

Thanks. I asked because I read mixed user reviews about this lens's IQ. It is the Elmar version.

I don't think the Leica R lenses get much respect, especially for adapting. Like I said before, they are big and heavy.

But I think they are decent quality, and built to a pretty high standard.

Since I don't have experience with your lens, I can't say. If it is a decent price within the range of other good quality manual 135's, and in good shape, it should be a good buy.

Others you could look at that get some praise are the Takumars. You can find 135 and 200mm ones in different apertures.

I don't think the Leica R lenses get much respect, especially for adapting. Like I said before, they are big and heavy.

But I think they are decent quality, and built to a pretty high standard.

Since I don't have experience with your lens, I can't say. If it is a decent price within the range of other good quality manual 135's, and in good shape, it should be a good buy.

Others you could look at that get some praise are the Takumars. You can find 135 and 200mm ones in different apertures.

Thanks.

Thanks. I asked because I read mixed user reviews about this lens's IQ. It is the Elmar version.

Hi if you want alternatives you can look at Konica Hexanon lenses. Jupiter 9 85mm. KMZ Jupiter 11A 135mm. Meyer Optik. Pentacon. Helios. The Nikon 200mm non A/F lens gets great reviews and is really inexpensive.

I use Hexanon 50mm F1.7 and 135mm. Also Nikon A1 F2.5 105mm and Ai 35mm F2.8.

There is a whole world of great value 35mm non a/f lenses out there. Adapters are easy and pretty inexpensive.

Hope these ideas help.

Hi if you want alternatives you can look at Konica Hexanon lenses. Jupiter 9 85mm. KMZ Jupiter 11A 135mm. Meyer Optik. Pentacon. Helios. The Nikon 200mm non A/F lens gets great reviews and is really inexpensive.

I use Hexanon 50mm F1.7 and 135mm. Also Nikon A1 F2.5 105mm and Ai 35mm F2.8.

There is a whole world of great value 35mm non a/f lenses out there. Adapters are easy and pretty inexpensive.

Hope these ideas help.

Thanks. I have the Nikon AI E 200/4 lens. Will give it a try.

Back