Leica Leica SL2 - s

L1040055.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L1040048.jpg

L1040033-Edit.jpg

Merry Christmas ...... !

View attachment 283468

Used the 40mm today. No doubt this is very sharp but I still think a bit too sharp for my needs.
How can a lens be "too sharp"? :) Surely a little bit of diffusion in PP can tone down the "bite" if you prefer it that way?

PS Just been through this thread and I must say that whatever the camera or lens, your photo style is really excellent. Don't sweat the gear too much, I'm sure you'd get good shots with any modern camera.

2022-01-13_0002.jpg

Lucy helping ..... and I use that word loosely ! Grandad building the Post Office set she got for Christmas. She was really very sceptical of his efforts it has to be said and was keen to tell him when he was wrong. I was trying to explain the word "improvising" when it came to getting the screw to screw in! Anyway, missed focus entirely on the first shot but still, you get the picture!

As impressed as I was on the whole by the 40mm f/1.4, I have to agree that the 35mm f/1.2 is much more appealing: transitions, colours, just overall smoothness and balance. Very nice indeed.

M.

Yes, on paper they are not so different but rendering is all in my book! Very pleased with this lens :). It does flare a bit though. I like a bit of flare myself.

L1010204.jpg

L1010205.jpg

L1010202.jpg

These are just Ro showing off her new jacket find, Lou in my kitchen cupboard and the dog looking bewildered! The flare is just coming from the kitchen windows.

"Sick" day .... although she seemed pretty lively to me!\
L1010833.jpg

L1010829.jpg

This was a brief moment watch Octonauts .... she was jumping on and off the sofa and footstool, lolling over the other chairs and crawling about on the floor .... she has a bit of a cold! I would have sent her to nursery anyway ..... !

Back