Leica Leica Summilux 75/1.4

Raid

All-Pro
Dana%20Lux%2075%20M9%20%201-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L1018215-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-kSs8W46-M.jpg

i-tMZXqQD-M.jpg

I regret selling my Summarit 75, also to fund the MM. 75 is something of an awkward focal length for me, but it pairs beautifully with 35mm for a two-lens outfit.

I bought it used along with the pre-asph Summilux after years of wishing I could afford to buy such lenses. The 75mm lens is awesome. Focusing with this lens can be challenging. It is a heavy lens, but it renders images beautifully.

I bought it used along with the pre-asph Summilux after years of wishing I could afford to buy such lenses. The 75mm lens is awesome. Focusing with this lens can be challenging. It is a heavy lens, but it renders images beautifully.

Its on my bucket list for sure. I'm thinking 35mm Lux and 75mm Lux is all I'd need. My 90mm Elmarit can be too long sometimes and I'm finding my 50 Lux stays at home. But I do have a desire to try the 50mm f1.0 Nocti as I like the rendering I've seen with photographs made with that lens.

The 75 lux was my first option for this FL but I ended up with a new cron instead. I searched the internet and dealers for almost a year before I gave up on the lux, I wanted a German made 6 bit lux (which proved to be elusive and more costly). I even considered purchasing a Canadian made w/o the coding and then just sending it in for CLA and coding. I like the 75 cron a lot but I always wonder if I should have held out for the lux. I still passively search for the lux and i've noticed that the price has come down recently and it's closer in cost to a new cron (whereas before the non 6 bit German made version was much higher in cost than a new cron).

I'm starting to prefer the 75 FL to the 50, but wide open my 75 cron can't match up with my 50 lux (though that's not a really fair comparison).

I also use the 75 Lux with a M 4/3 camera as my tele lens for sports. It is a killer combination, with the 10X focus help of my Olympus EP-2.

I just found out that my lens was made in Canada. The German version is more collectible. My lens has a built-in lens hood.

I took a few more shots today at the Farmers Market with the M9 plus Summilux.
ISO 160 with AE

Attachments

• Musicians 2.jpg
    Musicians 2.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 335
Back