Leica Leica T typ 701 & 18-56 lens & extra Leica battery and case | Location: USA | Ships: USA

D

dalethorn

Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
Selling
Leica T typ 701 & 18-56 lens & extra Leica battery and case

Prices
$1550

Ships to
USA

Description
Leica T typ 701 with 18-56 Lens with extra Leica battery and grey shoulder case. The video shows the wear points.

[video=youtube_share;owQ-vm4xfYY]

Payment accepted
  • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
Shipping method
UPS or FedEx ground.

Shipping charge
$0

Handling time
One business day.

References
-

Additional comments
  • Not open to trade offers
  • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
Acknowledgement
  • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

17 Feb 2015: Lowered price to $1550 incl. shipping. Includes camera, lens, case, extra Leica battery. Video is a must watch, although camera is perfect.

Could not get even $1500 for this camera and lens and case and extra Leica battery, in like-new condition, so I gave it to a coffee shop owner who offered me free coffee for a couple of months.

Did you really? i tell you, that was a super tempting price. I almost emailed you last night. I just don't want to start another system, got a m 4/3, a Nikon V1, a Leica M and might be getting a Canon.

Unfortunately it's true - I gave it to a local photographer who runs a coffee shop in the day and shoots mostly models, with the occasional wedding. I probably could have sold it to him for $700 or so on the expectation that he would turn it around himself for $1500 or so, but based on the (apparently) very poor resale value of the 'T', I wasn't so sure I wanted to get into that. I sold my 2-year old Leica D-Lux6 G-Star Raw for $600 in just one day - that's half of the full price I paid, and yet I couldn't get anywhere near 1/2 for the nearly new 'T'. There were predictions at the outset of the X Vario that it would do poorly and not resell well, but that camera has proven itself very well. I wish that were true of the 'T', but anyway it's out of my hair now.

BTW, the only real reason I dumped the 'T' (an excellent camera) is because I like to carry my cameras in a minimal case that protects the body and lens both, yet is an easy shoulder carry. The X1 and the Pana-Leicas have those nifty cases like the 18709 and 18727 (18821 for the new D-Lux), and with those I could beat up the case and the camera would stay like new, when I wasn't carrying the camera in my hand. I realize that Leica takes the position that such a case isn't appropriate for a camera with detachable lenses, but I disagree.

Back