Leica Showcase Leica Tri-Elmar 16-18-21 WATE F4.0

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
It looks really good- I cannot figure out why the A7 does not get more attention, seems very capable and well priced. The A7r seems to have the spotlight.

Raid

All-Pro
Dec 15, 2011
Bigger is better. People like to get the camera with the largest MP number. It is not needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

VINCETAN

Top Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
The A7 is a little more forgiving than the A7r. I tried it with the 25mm Biogon and it too came out well on the A7. My understanding is the 25mm Biogon does not play well with the A7r.

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
Great look to those shots, Vincent. That Elmar sounds like a really neat lens, and great to use on the A7.

VINCETAN

Top Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Great look to those shots, Vincent. That Elmar sounds like a really neat lens, and great to use on the A7.
It was actually quite a surprise to me. I really did not think that I was going to like it but ended up really liking it. In fact, I might go on a trip with just this lens to try out.

B

B L

here a few more I took today with the A7
Thank you for sharing.They are excellent pictures.
I was looking for this lens and it was a hard decision to make for a pricey item.Anyway I jumped for it and will try to use it on A7 and X E1, with adapters!
It is a zoom lens and I dont know if there are any design differences between this and 28-35-50 apart from focal lengths.

VINCETAN

Top Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing.They are excellent pictures.
I was looking for this lens and it was a hard decision to make for a pricey item.Anyway I jumped for it and will try to use it on A7 and X E1, with adapters!
It is a zoom lens and I dont know if there are any design differences between this and 28-35-50 apart from focal lengths.
One of my favorite lens. I sold it a few months back and is now looking for another one. Never used the 28-35-50 but from what I've read, this is a much better lens. If using a full frame camera, it is also in the ultra wide range so give you great effect.

Latest threads

Top Bottom