Leica Leica X1 Image Thread

Bluebear

Regular
Jul 24, 2012
St Albans, Herts, UK
This shot was taken last November/December on the sea front at Le Touquet. These two hardy souls were well wrapped up and determined to sit it out, despite the strong, cold wind!

And a completely diffent subject matter - this is of the 18th century Palladian Church at Ayot St Lawrence, Hertfordshire, which is about 3 miles from where I live.

Attachments

nippa

Top Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Cheshire UK
Dennis
I know Le Touquet well ; even the sea can freeze there in winter!
Good to see some more X1 shots ; for me it still has the best IQ from any compact.

CM_SK

Regular
Apr 23, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Leica X2 goes to New Zealand

OK since this end of the SC forum is getting a bit neglected... I took my new X2 to New Zealand in November, as my only camera (left the K5 at home). We had an ambitious route over North Island in 4 wks, and I expected to be taking grab shots with not much time to fuss over composition.... and wanted the X2 as, in general, my carry-everywhere tool. Overall I was very impressed by the little X2, the 35mm lens is fine for these general landscapes (I'm not much for super-wide angle shooting), colours have a real pop with little PP necessary (from DNG) and it is wonderful to have that full APS sensor that allows, if I want, a crop into a 50mm shot. Will show a few of the typical NZ spring scenery here:

This is in the Bay of Islands, near Paihia (part of a bay cruise)

A lovely waterfall in front of columnar basalts (for those interested in geology... :wink: )

Lighthouse at the tip of Cape Brett, Bay of Islands

Reactions: BBW

Latest threads

Top Bottom