adam

Regular
Name
Adam
1946 Summitar 10 blade on GXR.
For example:
View attachment 301
View attachment 302
I'll try find some photographs of the swirl in a few weeks, when I'm home :)
R0013743.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
R0013112.jpg
R0013743.jpg
R0013112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The first portrait (and last, as bigger size) is very flattering, "very Leica" colors and Summitar Swirlies. Shows off the "center-Sharp" aspect of the lens. I'll get some Collapsible Summicron shots up.

Great Portrait! Looks like it could be out of a book, published "in the day".

Some lenses lens themselves to black&white, I find the vintage Leica glass worked out well with it. I need to open an Uncoated 90/4 Elmar thread.

Thanks Brian,

I agree, it does lend itself wel for B/W and slightly better for portraits due to it's neutral nature.

A color image from a 1943-ish Summitar 50mm f/2 taken with my Leica IIIc "K", without contrast correction in photoshop.

FS120230.jpg

If you ever make it over here, Ft Benning Georgia has a "World War II" section. Rather than demolishing all of the old WW-II buildings, they moved them to an adjunct of the Infantry Museum. Gen Patton's office is set up, his Headquarters, Church, Barracks, etc. It is just like it was when my Dad was there.

The Summitar looks great in color as well. Looks like Kodachrome (original) colors. I traded mine off for a Hot Glass Summicron, which did not do well for color. I fixed the yellowing.

The colors are very muted- much like a faded Ansco slide, but it might be the lighting in this one shot. The outdoor scene - also looks faded, or at least like old-style color.

We've been switching rooms in the house around, I moved "all my stuff" and found a Red filter for the Summitar. Now I need a Summitar.

I only have one yellow screw in filter for it. The "GBOOM" I believe.

Another one with the Digibase CN200 from a few months ago. I think I'll stick with Ektar or just B/W for now ;)

SF130613.jpg

January 2013. Summitar with GBOOM on an Leica M3 DS, Rollei/Agfa Superpan 200
They're a little dark because I was still trying to find the best contrast settings for this film. (still haven't got it).

ICE130202.jpg

ICE130208.jpg

ICE130213.jpg

That's different! You may be the first person to achieve a Digital Look with film! The grain in the first image looks like High-ISO shadow areas.

Back