Leica Lens Cap Questions

Mijo

Veteran
When I bought the elmarit 28mm, it came with a metal lens cap that fits over the lens when not using the provided hood. My summicron 35mm did not come with the same type of lens cap but instead a plastic one that you pinch on the sides. both lens caps are the same size and I end up using the metal one more as it doesn't get snagged on stuff like the plastic one does. I happened to lose the metal cap this weekend and I can't find any body that sells a replacement, but the plastic version is prety easy to find. Does anyone know a vendor that carries the metal lens cap?

Also does anyone know if there's a metal lens cap for the summilux 50mm (the newer version with the built in hood)? Popflash has a metal cap for the 50mm LHSA version but that doesn't look like it will work. The plastic cap that came with my lux 50 is fine but if there's a metal cap alternative, I'd like to check it out.

Just wanted to bump this thread as I did some research on finding a metal lens cap for the newer version of the elmarit 28. Apparently Leica doesn't offer a metal replacement cap any more and most of the newer elmarit 28s are now coming with the plastic lens cap instead of the metal. The 43mm metal lens cap that's available isn't designed for the newer cron 35s or the newer elmarit 28's and is slightly too big to fit on these lenses properly

Back